• Meh, there's other phones that do more & cost less
    • I couldn't care less about the iPhone
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you plan on buying an iPhone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes (once the price drops)
    • Yes (if it goes to other carriers)

None of the phones you listed have an annoying touchscreen that's hard to use.

Personal opinion, i find the touch screen easy to use.

BTW what do you do that allows u to not look at the screen of a normal phone?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have both the Cingular 8125 and the 8525, and have used the Sony Ericsson P910 and several Treo models, and to be honest, the iPhone offers the easiest touch interface. I don't have to worry about whipping out the stylus because I can't accurately hit a button with my thumb, and I especially don't have to worry about the Start and X buttons, which are a real pain to hit with your fingers.

The screens scratch easier because they're made of plastic, the iPhone's is made of glass, which means no more wasting money on screen protectors. It's also much thinner, and the onscreen keyboard is just as usable as the slide out ones on the 8125/8525, and a heck of a lot easier than using a Treo with those tiny little buttons.

The interface is very simple to use. I have technically challenged family members who figured out how to use it right away. So your little quip of grandma not figuring it out is rather bunk. Sure, it might take her a little longer, but as long as she can read and move her fingers, I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Great response. Really relays your apprehension about a touch screen <_<

Anyway, here are some shots for those naysayers who believe the device is a "brick"

post-14086-1184047032_thumb.jpg

post-14086-1184047037_thumb.jpg

post-14086-1184047042_thumb.jpg

post-14086-1184047047_thumb.jpg

post-14086-1184047053_thumb.jpg

Yep, I can totally see why you would think this device is so ridiculously large :rolleyes:

Buttons.

excellent, well thought out, excellent description, one of the best replies i've seen in a long time! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how everyone else makes phone calls, but whenever i use my cell to call someone, i look @ teh screen & dial the # or press the speed dial button, or scroll through my phone book, then press send

Everyone else must ninja dial in their pocket, out of sight from everyone else, & then bring the phone to their ear :withstupid:

that great u hit buttons..

but what do you DO, not what do you press.

As far as I know, the only thing I could do without looking at my phone, was text, and that was realllllly focusing on hitting the right buttons.

Its fine if you dont like the phone, but dont make up false information about it, youve really shown ur just a mac hater =/

As far as I know, the only thing I could do without looking at my phone, was text, and that was realllllly focusing on hitting the right buttons.

Its fine if you dont like the phone, but dont make up false information about it, youve really shown ur just a mac hater =/

My phone allows me to dial without ever looking at it.

I made nothing up whatsoever. It's a mediocre phone and a good multimedia device. It's not a good phone.

I'm not a Mac hater by any means. I'm a $600 plus $60 a month for two years "phone" hater.

My phone allows me to dial without ever looking at it.

I made nothing up whatsoever. It's a mediocre phone and a good multimedia device. It's not a good phone.

I'm not a Mac hater by any means. I'm a $600 plus $60 a month for two years "phone" hater.

rofl @ you ignoring my posts which totally deflate your previous oppositions :lol:

(which seem to change every time i shoot them down)

rofl @ you ignoring my posts which totally deflate your previous oppositions :lol:

(which seem to change every time i shoot them down)

Like what?

The fact that it's huge compared to any other phone?

I'm not sure how everyone else makes phone calls, but whenever i use my cell to call someone, i look @ teh screen & dial the # or press the speed dial button, or scroll through my phone book, then press send

Why would you look at your phone to dial?

Like what?

The fact that it's huge compared to any other phone?

Why are you comparing a PDA phone to a regular phone for the love of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? :withstupid:

you can't compare apples to oranges, which is what you're doing

Why are you comparing a PDA phone to a regular phone for the love of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Because my reason for not liking it is that it's a crappy phone. I've stated that many times.

Even by PDA phone standards it's larger...it's thinner, yes, but it is wider and taller than most (and most are already huge).