• Meh, there's other phones that do more & cost less
    • I couldn't care less about the iPhone
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you plan on buying an iPhone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes (once the price drops)
    • Yes (if it goes to other carriers)

its actually a good phone, from my experience and and every review ive read.

Its also the best ipod theyve ever shipped minus the low disk space.

I totally agree. If it weren't for the price, I'd get one in an instant. Sure there are a few short comings (none of which have been brought up by those who say it's a crappy phone), but those are all solvable via software upgrades (except maybe 3G, not to sure about that)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't just say something like that without providing some form of evidence to back up your claim

Is there a rule against this somewhere? This is a public forum people can say what they want as long as it's within the rules.

I mean, i could say, "you're the worst member on OCC." But without any reasons, or justification, my claim won't hold water.

Your the worst member on OCC :thumbs-up:

Is there a rule against this somewhere? This is a public forum people can say what they want as long as it's within the rules.

We're not talking in general, we're talking about this particular topic.

no it's not a "rule" per say, but making claims to something without backing up said claims with some sort of evidence is pointless & you'll have a hard time convincing somebody that your viewpoint is correct without such evidence

Your the worst member on OCC :thumbs-up:

well i was trying to make a point by making an analogy & i wasn't being serious @ all, but that obviously flew right over you're head ;) :thumbs-up:

Drop the superior attitude sdy284 and Kash.

Let people say what they want to say without having someone pretty much just call them stupid for saying it.

While I see the point you are trying to make I feel I must point out that there are other members such as myself who appreciate what they are doing. Look at it this way......how useless is it to read post after post of members stating things like "it sucks" or "it's a piece of crap" without any reasons, examples, or even references as to why they dislike it? I appreciate pros and cons on pretty much any topic but they have to have some kind of intelligent feedback to make it a fair debate. I know nothing about the iPhone but I can tell you that I learned a lot more about it reading the posts from Sdy and Kash than I did the reading "it's a crappy phone" posts over and over again. See what I'm saying? I don't know about you but my main purpose for coming to this forum is to learn new things and these kinds of debates can actually be very informative when discussed in a way that both sides present the facts and intelligent reasons to back up their opinion.

While I see the point you are trying to make I feel I must point out that there are other members such as myself who appreciate what they are doing. Look at it this way......how useless is it to read post after post of members stating things like "it sucks" or "it's a piece of crap" without any reasons, examples, or even references as to why they dislike it? I appreciate pros and cons on pretty much any topic but they have to have some kind of intelligent feedback to make it a fair debate. I know nothing about the iPhone but I can tell you that I learned a lot more about it reading the posts from Sdy and Kash than I did the reading "it's a crappy phone" posts over and over again. See what I'm saying? I don't know about you but my main purpose for coming to this forum is to learn new things and these kinds of debates can actually be very informative when discussed in a way that both sides present the facts and intelligent reasons to back up their opinion.

If you want that go read a review or a post in another section of the forums not a POLL entitled "What do you think of the iPhone?".

Drop the superior attitude sdy284 and Kash.

Let people say what they want to say without having someone pretty much just call them stupid for saying it.

Why should we drop our "attitudes" as you so eloquently put it? Are you saying that only stupid people have the right to post whatever they want but the people who actually know what they're talking about don't?

I'm enjoying how you're getting so defensive about us calling out your moronic statements. At least we had the decency not to tell others to shut up when we didn't like their comments. So tell me, who's really the one with the superior attitude?

Why should we drop our "attitudes" as you so eloquently put it? Are you saying that only stupid people have the right to post whatever they want but the people who actually know what they're talking about don't?

I'm enjoying how you're getting so defensive about us calling out your moronic statements. At least we had the decency not to tell others to shut up when we didn't like their comments. So tell me, who's really the one with the superior attitude?

Fine go ahead calling people stupid in every thread and acting all high and mighty.

I must know though at what point did I get defensive? Or make a moronic statement?

no it's not a "rule" per say, but making claims to something without backing up said claims with some sort of evidence is pointless & you'll have a hard time convincing somebody that your viewpoint is correct without such evidence

I gave my reasons.

You didn't like them. Good for you. :thumbs-up:

This thread is getting a bit ridiculous, we're not even discussing the iPhone anymore, it should either be cleaned or locked. It's just a . contest now, who can come up with the rudest reply. Moderation team should suck up their pride instead of using their authority to bully other members.