Doom3

dling

if you have seen my post for a new fps game ,you would see that I started playing Doom3 again. My computer is a lot better then it was when I first started playing it ,I can play ultra with all the anti everything on max. This game is so good ,so SCARY, if you have a strong computer and have not played it I hi'ly recommended it. IT WILL MAKE YOU JUMP , more then once. and pee just a little. :blink:

that game made me jump back when i had my 6800. it was good but by the end you almost know there will be a monster behind EVERY door. i still cant play it at night with headphones. Reznor is the man when it comes to creepy music (i love his new cd zero)

yeah that was the one issue i had with the game. every monster attack was triggered with stepping in a preset location, and sometimes knowing the location andknowing the monster, the monster didnt appear till you stepped there so a preemptive attack was impossible....and some monsters took no damge till you stepped there and the attack began. it wasnt often that happened but the point its location activation angers me more than anything. and thats what i began focusing on instead of the game itself....so i got bored faster. putting that behind me tho im able to enjoy it fro what it was. and is....a great game that really flys on modern machines.

unless you can find the expanshion for free its crap, i paid $20 and beat it within 2 hours...it didnt add much to the plot and each boss (i think theres 3) could only die if you used the area against them...kinda made doom not so doom-ish

• 2 weeks later...

just an update on the game, Im futher then iIve ever been .The graphics are so good on this game when able to play ultra I just walk around looking at stuff. If any of you like a good fps and have a strong gpu I recommend it . It will make you jump. "LOTS" :blink:

Edited by dling

I love that game so much. I got stuck though, and then my drive got reformatted, and then my backup got erased when Vista corrupted my drive (last time for vista for awhile) and now I've lost all of my progress. Oh well, I'll start it again once school is out.