32 Killed in Virginia Tech Shooting

I'd have to agree. I had a chance to buy a .50 cal browning full auto. For $800. Now, for that kind of fire power, that's quite a cheap price.

Not to mention the many other handguns / rifles and many other weapons that people want to get rid of for practically nothing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the Walmarts that sell guns here have to have proper documentation and they have to follow all the same rules that every other gun dealer does in the US. And about the trap shooting. You were in a controlled environment shooting at clay pigeons on a range where I'm sure that they had security making sure you didn't take the gun and run out with it.

nope, no security or what not, but I see your point.

@camaro, I am not afraid of guns, I am afraid of f-ed up jackasses using the guns! I have been to detroit downtown before, not the best place to be in, ask BigRed! I use guns myself, why should I be afraid of them? The people do the damage not the guns!

@camaro, I am not afraid of guns, I am afraid of f-ed up jackasses using the guns! I have been to detroit downtown before, not the best place to be in, ask BigRed! I use guns myself, why should I be afraid of them? The people do the damage not the guns!

D-town has changed a LOT in the past 5 years. especially since we hosted the super bowl and MLB's all star game and world series. you actually see normal people walking streets even after dark in many neighborhoods that were absolute ghost towns all times of day and night before. there are actually 2 theories to this... and neither is that good. the first is the return of the mob. detroit was a NICE place when they ran the city. when they left it went in the crapper fast. though not a good thing, at least they tend to protect the average citizen and keep things quiet. Plus where they are street gangs tend to stay clear (the roma cafe is a prime example... was in one of the WORST neighborhoods, yet you could park a $100,000 sports car in the parking lot and no one would both it... 15 feet outside that parking lot and it was GONE... keep in mind it's owned and operated by a "former" mob family). the other is the current mayor... who is a total sleeze bag. the street gangs have been reigned in by him... since they need each other to exist. they voted for him, he puts them on payroll in the city.

though I have to say I've only had 2 bad incidents downtown... 1 was some nut wanting my wallet at knife point (I got stitches he got jail time and both wrists broken), the other was a beer bottle to the side of the head at a VERY high class new years party (we're talking several thousand $$$'s per person). but even with those incidents it's getting better every year.

So, because of a few "f-ed up jackasses", you're willing to leave your complete safety in the hands of someone else? Someone who can't be at your location for another 15 minutes, assuming you're even able to contact them? You're willing to disarm yourself, despite the fact that "f-ed up jackasses" will commit acts of violence with guns that are supposed to be banned, cars, home-made explosives, ice picks, kitchen knives, pipe wrenches, baseball bats, chairs, or anything else that can be wielded by said "jackass"?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but it utterly confounds me you'll leave yourself defenseless, and accept a law in the hopes that it will stop a law breaker. :unsure:

On another note, anyone else notice that Columbine, the post office massacres a few years back, and VT, all occured in Gun-Free Zones?

Interesting how there are never massacres at NRA meetings, or gun clubs, or gun shows.

The math on those two pieces of information tells me that armed citizens prevent crime.

im so . furious about the incident

1) i happen to be an engineer and i am extremely upset that some of the greatest minds in the world have been killed for no reason

2) the guy is Asian.

I happen to be an an Asian American with a shaved head and i have been getting all sorts of rude remarks from random people so far, I don't know what to say, this is so f'ed up

im so . furious about the incident

1) i happen to be an engineer and i am extremely upset that some of the greatest minds in the world have been killed for no reason

2) the guy is Asian.

I happen to be an an Asian American with a shaved head and i have been getting all sorts of rude remarks from random people so far, I don't know what to say, this is so f'ed up

Don't sweat it man. Those people are just morons who have nothing better to do but pigeon-hole an entire racial profile based on the actions of one. I can only assume they are white as it seems us white folk are the ones who usually do something stupid like that, so next time someone says something to you why don't you reference them to Dylan or Eric, the 2 losers who shot up Columbine.