Xp2400+ Issues

yeah your CPU isnt unlocked cause just because your almighty BIOS lets you change the multiplier I have an MSI KT3Ultra 2 and a 2400+ and it lets me change the multiplier in the Bios but it is not actually doing anything cause I havent unlocked it. and I know the A7N8X is supposed to unlock it but ive never seen it work on a 2400+ or below so that might be why some of you that one claim that it doesnt do it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sure this is pretty old, but it's getting on my nerves...

So if finally got around to unlocking the processor (wire trick on back of cpu) and trying it out...

well the lower multipliers work but the durn thing won't go above 150 MHz on the fsb and using the 5:1 divider doesn't work :-p

Is this just a jacked up chip or is this a motherboard issue?

gotta remember that some CPU already come unlocked

I own a A7N8X Delux, and it doesnt unlock them...

-edit-

I looked into this

What people claim is that the A7N8X will allow multiplier changes to Chips with a TBred Core.

Palomino cored CPUs wont allow it, and I dont know about bartons

Also, on unlokcing your CPU, there is a thing on the top of your processor that says L1 followed by 4 or 5 lilttle sunk in thingys with white dots above and below them. Put take across the white dots (scotch tape, make sure its on there good) leaving only the gaps not covered. Fill them with super glue or some non-conductive material such as that. Then, take the tape off, and cover up everything but the dots above the gaps you just filled in, and connect the top to the bottom ones with Silver Laquer or something like that.

www.tomshardware.com

search for something called "Second THG Video" it actually shows you how

Edited by aguy

my 2400+ on my a7n8x deluxe was not automatically unlocked until i updated my bios to 1002 rev final. What some of you may need is a bios update. I used to wonder how others could be saying that the a7n8x deluxe unlocks your cpu, and why it wasn't working for me. Once i updated my bios, i found out for myself. It worked! that was awhile ago, but it was such a nice thing to find out.

• 9 months later...

lo,

i have an at7max2 and xp2400

i thought none of the thoroughbred cpus were clocked locked i know mine isnt

in bios i set it to xp2700 speed quite easy and ran like a dream

the most i could get the fsb to was 185 this was without really "going to town"

altering ram speeds/volts etc i think maybe my pc2700 ram was probulary to blame or more to the point the kt400 chipset

i found this board really stable with plenty potential in bios for various tweaks

with the added bonus of numerous extras on the motherboard

good board imo till /me gets amd64 fx51 when prices drop a little :P

:D:D:D