Xp2400+ Issues

Hey all,

After looking through the forums I couldn't find a good answer to this problem:

I've been running my AMD XP2400+ over specs for a while now by changing the multiplier setting, and while this is cool what I want to do is some FSB overclocking... I've already tested most of the multipliers and made sure that they are unlocked, but even at 11x and 12x the FSB doesn't want to go more than a few MHz higher than 133. The mobo is an AT7-MAX 2 with the latest bios and 512MB of PC3200. The bios allows a 5:2:1 for above 133 MHz and 3:2:1 for 100Mhz divider values but these don't help out too much... All of the temps are in order...

Sometimes the computer just won't post with the higer fsb and othertimes it starts up but the video doesn't work (making it pretty useless to me)...

Anyone have any clue how I can solve this??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to unlock your cpu, i heard that with the abit boards you can change the multi. but it wont "actually" change the multi. unless you physically unlock the cpu, thats what ive heard anyway.... anyone else?

looks like me and bishop have both heard this 'rumor"... does anybody out there really no for sure about the unlocked or not myth about some boards and physically unlocking chips or not? And mxrider i think your post will read something like this, "there are no motherboard unlocked cpus, no matter what anybody has said, ever." (just a guess) so no need to waste your energy and type a response to this :D

It isn't the chip it is the board itself...

I now only a couple EPox boards that do... basically they short the pins in the socket..

I am sure there are others but those are the only ones I know...

It is a hardware setup on the MOBO (which I am sure AMD is happy about!)

and not the chipset.

grrrrr...

Well that didn't work...

Oh well... I'll try the pin trick whenever I decide to take the waterblock off again...

I must have done something wrong, because the multipliers still work, but the fsb isn't going anywhere.