Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

I'm gonna update it right now, sorry guys but I had some random problem here. Another factor is that my PSU blew... so that got me back on this laptop, dang this thing's slow!

[edit]

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xeoncj3.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xeon37ghzsm5.jpg

check the volts

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E6300 and 6400 is an Allendale as well, its a Xeon...

Xeons are intels server processors, like opterons on the AMD side. They are cheaper atm

Someone is wrong all the companys NewEgg etc. details on E6300, 6400 say they are Conroes. I bought a E6300 last week its a Conroe. I would post an image but I can not upload

Edited by road-runner

Lol, i have my 4300 on 1.98 atm :) wont bother registering that properly. i will see about getting a new hsf and then get a proper clock.

2.07 is unstable appearently, crashed after 45mins of OCCT, must be too hot i think. Btw, can anyone tell me what temps they are getting using the intel thermal analysis tool, and core temp? mine are quite different (like 50 on core temp and 68 on ITAT)

Edited by Comp Dude2

You'll find plenty of sources that will tell you the code name for these 2MB Core 2 Duo processors is "Allendale," but Intel says otherwise. These CPUs are still code-named "Conroe," which makes sense since they're the same physical chips with half of their L2 cache disabled. Intel may well be cooking up a chip code-named Allendale with 2MB of L2 cache natively, but this is not that chip. Taken from here

road, the point is that they have a different codename in CPU-Z, which is right because if it has native 2MB cache or 2MB by disabling the other 2MB doesn't matter. They will go through as Allendales here :)

I agree and understand were going by Cpuz. I respect that so put me down for a suicide of 3276 with a E6300 Conroe. So as soon as the site lets me upload my Cpuz image I will have proof

Edited by road-runner

use imageshack to host it :)

That was my thought also, I just tried and it will not let me upload either. But anyway you must have a old version of Cpuz. Version 1.39 shows mine as Conroe. If I had better RAM I could probably go higher.

Edited by road-runner