Ati's X1900 To Launch Jan 2006

romeo55

The register is somewhat... un reliable, but there are right some of the time heres a link to the article

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/23/at...es_r580_launch/

48 pixel pipelines... yeah...

EDIT: anandtech announced it too, but i don't exactly trust them eiher :glare:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the x1900 has 16 pipes. The 48 is how many pixel-processing shaders there are (3 per pipe). It's called manipulative advertising ;).

And you know it's just going to be a paper launch, and it won't actually hit stores for a year after that, in which time the nvidia g71's will be released.

the x1900 has 16 pipes.  The 48 is how many pixel-processing shaders there are (3 per pipe).  It's called manipulative advertising ;).

604596[/snapback]

How are you so sure this early? They are supposed to have 24 pipe cards fairly soon, so why not a 24 pipe x1900? :)

How are you so sure this early? They are supposed to have 24 pipe cards fairly soon, so why not a 24 pipe x1900?  :)

604599[/snapback]

nvidia already has 24 pipe cards (the 7800gtx's). I guess it could be 24 pipes with 2 shaders per pipe instead of 16 with 3, but I read the 16 with 3 thing. We'll find out when they officially announce it I guess.

24 pipe X1800XTPE's are coming very quickly. also the R580 that the X1900 series cards are based on was actually done before the the R520 was shipping out the doors (debated if ATI should hav put it out first)

and nVidia will rock that card too with some absolutely insane pimp slap as usual... but it is exciting.. means a push for nVidia to keep on top of things and not slip behind.

and nVidia will rock that card too with some absolutely insane pimp slap as usual... but it is exciting.. means a push for nVidia to keep on top of things and not slip behind.

605352[/snapback]

Yea, Nvidia has never ever fallen behind ATi in performance! Geforce 4s were faster than the R300 right? And don't forget the FX series! They stomped all over the 9800 Pro and XT, just slaughtered them! :rolleyes:

Edited by Nagash

605352[/snapback]

Exactly. And then ATI will do the same, then nVidia again, then ATI, then nVidia, then...

Till the end of time. Fanboyism gets you nowhere.

Yea, Nvidia has never ever fallen behind ATi in performance!  Geforce 4s were faster than the R300 right?  And don't forget the FX series!  They stomped all over the 9800 Pro and XT, just slaughtered them!  :rolleyes:

605353[/snapback]

are u kidding me?

the FX series has been the worst series i have ever seen. i am neither a ATI/Nvidia fan boy, i used to own a 9800 pro, and 9200SE, and a FX5200. FX5200 was HORRIBLE

are u kidding me?

the FX series has been the worst series i have ever seen. i am neither a ATI/Nvidia fan boy, i used to own a 9800 pro, and 9200SE, and a FX5200. FX5200 was HORRIBLE

605356[/snapback]

Yes, I am kidding you hence the roll eyes smiley at the end of the post.