Whining?

Tomatosauce

Can someone tell me please what happened? What went wrong with our lives? At what point did people get soooo whiny?

For instance it seems everyone is crying about their lives and how bad they are.

or how things dont go the way they want them to.

Its confusing to me because if you look at the big picture, our lives arent all that bad. We still live in a country that is a democracy. We're still able to voice ourselves about anything we want. We still have clothes on our backs and food on our tables. (And if you dont have those you should cancel your internet and pay for priorities.)

With this said, why dont we lighten up around here? At least for the holidays. Maybe mellow out on the drama. If you do have serious problems I understand. But some people constantly post about whats wrong with the world, or whats wrong in "their" world.

There are a lot of younger members here and I should hope they have more to look forward to in life than negativity.

Thank you for your time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me please what happened? What went wrong with our lives? At what point did people get soooo whiny?

well, I did some research and found the following out...

Registrant:

XANGA.COM, INC.

555 8TH AVE FL 21

NEW YORK, NY 10018-4308

US

Domain Name: XANGA.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact : 

XANGA.COM, INC.

[email protected]

555 8TH AVE FL 21

NEW YORK, NY 10018-4308

US

Phone: 212 695 4940

Fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 03-Apr-2010 

Record created on 03-Apr-1999

Database last updated on 29-Jun-2004

as we can see, the exact date of this happening was on the third of april, 1999.

this is also known as "emo day" and "I hate my life" day.

Edited by Kevin_E_Cramer

well, I did some research and found the following out...

Registrant:

XANGA.COM, INC.

555 8TH AVE FL 21

NEW YORK, NY 10018-4308

US

Domain Name: XANGA.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact : 

XANGA.COM, INC.

[email protected]

555 8TH AVE FL 21

NEW YORK, NY 10018-4308

US

Phone: 212 695 4940

Fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 03-Apr-2010 

Record created on 03-Apr-1999

Database last updated on 29-Jun-2004

as we can see, the exact date of this happening was on the third of april, 1999.

this is also known as "emo day" and "I hate my life" day.

600895[/snapback]

Lol thats pretty funny. Don't forget Myspace also.

Lol thats pretty funny.  Don't forget Myspace also.

600911[/snapback]

lol, yeah...or any blogging site. back before computers, people kept journals that were PRIVATE. Now people let the whole world in and are no longer capable of solving life's problems on their own. They get dependent on others, and thus that's why there are so many whiny people on OCC (or any forum). Because today's youth can no longer deal with problems on their own, they need others to do it for them. It's a shame really.

Yeah, it's nice to have others who are willing to help, but you shouldn't rely on them for every minor problem. In real life, I'm a nice, helpful person, but on here, I usually don't even bother opening up the "personal problem" threads, let alone lend my advice.

Its the emo movement. All of a sudden it is cool to be sad and depressed. Blame Green Day.

600912[/snapback]

Heh...

Why is Green Day making whinier songs? Remember Basket Case? Nice Guys Finish Last? None of this whiny stuff lamenting about Republicans and war and stuff.

Heh...

Why is Green Day making whinier songs? Remember Basket Case? Nice Guys Finish Last? None of this whiny stuff lamenting about Republicans and war and stuff.

600928[/snapback]

I blame Radiohead.

It is because people are stupid and self indulged. A lot of it has to do with kids today are a joke and have no sense of responsibility. They think everything should be handed to them on a silver platter and then they whine when they don't get their way. boohoo!!! lol