Which Heat Sink

apostolics

ok im gonna go with the xp 90 or the xp 120 what is the best solution. it going into my dfi sli dr board and its gonna cool an X2 3800 @ 2.4ghz . i am open to suggestions though in case there is a better option

i would say go with the si-120.. the xp-120 will give you a little bit better cooling than the xp90, but the si-120 is the cooling of the xp120 without the issue of motherboard compatabilities.

ps - your ram is sent

The XP-120 does not have any compatability issues with the dfi board. The xp90c does a tad better at cooling than the 120. I hate to admit it but the TTbig typhoon does well and even better if you put a higher cfm fan on it.

i got the si-120. its compatable with my neo2 plat, but theres a problem, my silencer interferes with my si-120. if your agp/pci-e slot is near the cpu, i suggest the xp-90c then, otherwise the si/xi-120 is the way to go.

The XP-120 does not have any compatability issues with the dfi board. The xp90c does a tad better at cooling than the 120. I hate to admit it but the TTbig typhoon does well and even better if you put a higher cfm fan on it.

573407[/snapback]

The typhoon is often dismissed because its TT but it is a very good cooler with a high cfm fan, its just that it ends up being more expensive then a similar or better performing hsf combo after you buy it becuase it comes with a fan already so you pay more for it.

my vote would be for the zalman 9500..about 2c-4c cooler than the xp-90 from what i have been told. i have a zalman 7000b on my X2 3800 on dfi mobo runs 32c idle 47c load and i have it clocked at 2.6.