How Fast Have You Gone

apostolics

~140 on the back stretch of Road Atlanta, going through the Dip....before they filled it in.

Race driving course / school, open lapping session.

Driving a 1994 300ZX.

The top speed was not the thrill. The real thrill was bottoming out going through the dip at close to 140, then having to slam on the breaks and slow down to ~65-70 for slight left hand turn over the crest of a hill.

On the Highway, close to 120....

Oh yea, and Friday I was "paced at 78-82 for 1/4 mile" according to the officer :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jet Boat Big Block Chevy 510 cu. in. Tunnel Ram 2 Carbs 1150 c.f.m. and the works inside, 98 m.p.h. no nitrous. With nitrous 106 m.p.h. 1/4 mile.

563376[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity road-runner, is your boat something like a dark red? Kinda like a fishing type boat but with that monster engine sitting in the back? I live in San Antonio, but I used to live in Center Point, near Kerrville, and I remember seeing a boat like that many times in Center Point.

83 mph '98 Contour Sport (My dad has a "CarChip"

100 mph '88 Volvo (passenger)

110 mph '00??? Jetta (passenger)

90 mph '95?? F350 with a dump truck conversion. (at work)

100 '03 F150 (passenger) (at work)

I just started driving like 8 months ago.

140 in a mazda pickup sounds kind of unrealistic...you might wanna double check your math

563214[/snapback]

yeah those things have less than 100hp i do believe lol.... but they probably wheigh 2000 pounds.

i JUST broke my record for speed about a week ago in my new car (i will post pics when i get my digi cam back from my uncle)

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 (400hp) doing 168 before i about shat myself. (it probably wouldnt have gone much faster), it probably maxes out at 170-175 MAYBE dang thing registers 200mph though...no way it would do it stock though.

anyone else here with an LS2 powertrain? i want to see what performance it gives in other cars like the 04 corvette.

oh, one more thing...anyone know the gas mileage of their cars are when its floored? my little info center thingy went down to 2.3mpg when i floored it :(

EDIT* hey vasto, is that contour the 4 banger? my grandma has a 98 contour SVT with a 2.5L v6 ( the motor is all painted and says "ford racing" on it) with a 5speed stick and its pretty quick, i drove it once without her in it and got going 110 but had to slow down.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

yeah, anything over 100 in a mazda pickup seems a little off. they're a ford ranger for god's sake.

btw you want fast for a stock car that won't cost you your left nut (just the right... maybe) try the new SRT8 chrysler 300. newer 6.1L hemi.... ooooh drool. smokes my bro's charger :)