Stupid Cat

bigred

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG, bigred literally runs a farm :lol: wow, you really suprise the hell outa me :D

538302[/snapback]

after selling out of the computer buisness I opted to find some other venture to try my hand at. I bought into a dude ranch with some old friends. it's really a lot of fun... though I don't do much of the hands on stuff on the ranch (more of a vacation resort than a try ranch). I mostly handle the $$$ end of things.

but it still gives me a place to wheel (right on the colorado river), fish, hunt, and RELAX. which I need after working my rear end off with CBW. of course I'm probably going to be spending a lot of time in georgia setting up another small resort, but without the cows :)

Sounds like the kitten is trying to get attention from you and finds this the only way to get it. Perhaps if you paid more attention to the cat it wouldn't respond so harshly. Besides, it sounds more like the cat is playing (attacking feet!). The cat also sounds bored.

Our cat bit and scratched us, so the vet suggested getting a female cat for him to play with (apparently if they're the same gender they're too competitive). It worked pretty well; he bites and scratches her now, and leaves us alone unless we mess with him. I'm not a big fan of cats either, but having two isn't that much different than one, and if having the second cat means you get bit less, then at least one of the little buggers serves a purpose.

I have dogs...and ive always had one or two cats around the house (one now) First off they all stay OUTSIDE where they belong. Second hitting (or drop kicking) does work, i have yet to see my cat ontop of another truck after that day he was napping ontop of dad's...

Now you ahve to realize, most of these "close to human" animals as most people would consider them can understand that if ti makes you mad, they shouldnt be doing it. And as for all the cats we have had in the past, two of them got that scratch you up stage in life, i say stage in life bc for me grabbing them by the neck and throwing them on their back forcefully 5-6 times solved the problem.

Now wonder how long it will take for some PETA freak to show up and try to arrest me for cruelty to the anmial that will most likely be sitting on my shoulder as a walk up to them. (and no he doesnt claw me, hitting his paws when he did as a kitten when he would dig in prevented that)

Now dont get me wrong, you dont need to go straight to the "harsh punishment" but just like with childern, if telling them no and smacking their hands doesnt get the job done, then it's time to move onto something else

(keep in mind alot of times the punishment is done to help prevent harm from the child/animal for example, young child trying to climb up on the stove while your cooking....very bad, animal example, that same cat that used to sleep on the truck also used to get up into other places on teh truck, now imagine a cold winter day, you jsut got back form the store/work/whereever, you go inside, the cat crawls up onto the front tire of the truck, and feeeling warmth form the motor's direction climbs on under the hood. now you get ready to go visit your grandma, go out in a hurry and start the truck, now my cat is missing his tail or dead bc he jsut got caught in the fan belt bc i didnt keep him off of the cars/trucks...)

Now bigred's case it a tricky one, the cat doesnt seem to respond to kicking or anything else to that effect, but i still see one way to prevent alot of foot damage (well two actually) one put the dang cat outside, normal ppl wear shoe outside, you'll be ok. next is to declaw the cat if you (well im guessing you're not the problem here :lol:) insist on keeping the cat inside.

send me the cat...i'll send it through my obediance training...and when you get it back in a week you'll be surprised at how well it behaves...jsut apy shipping and i'll train your cat for free lol