Stupid Cat

bigred

Our cat bit and scratched us, so the vet suggested getting a female cat for him to play with (apparently if they're the same gender they're too competitive).  It worked pretty well; he bites and scratches her now...

538395[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What... am I the only one who found that funny?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Bigred, after you described it, it seems like the cat feels like the household classy lady.

Be nice to him. Pet him, hug him, lick his fur clean (Or use a comb if you so choose). But if he gets too rough (Draw blood style) get up, walk away. Don't hit or yell, just leave. The cat will figure it out that if it want to keep having his head scratched and his back combed he'll have to play nice.

And as for the times he hunts you, try to either prevent it from happening if you see it coming, by yelling or stomping your foot. And he he's already attacked you, scream like a little girl. It'll confuse the hell out of him and he'll avoid you because he figures you're unstable.

"perhaps being all of the other "pets" (cows and horses do not count as pets) whipping post is making him act like this... of course me ignoring him and not petting him would probably be the reason I'm the chosen target.... no effection, yet no severe beatings (his fellow pets do that to him) to keep him away."

I ran into alot of people like that. :ph34r: .Too pathetic and weak for me to be mean to.Too despicable to be nice to.???They would keep on playing the game until I put my hand on them for the severe beatings part then act all scared.Very sad and pathetic.Tiresome too.I got two mouthy ones to deal with now.One is a cripple who hurl insults and the other one is about 4feet.Sad just Sad.

Edited by Monkey Me

I meant I ran into alot of people like that darn cat.Last 6 years as my town degenerate.

Like you wouldn't believe.literally just animals.Don't have a mind at all.Just unbelieveable.At such quantity too.I have never seem anything like this before.One even poisoned me because I wouldn't go out with her daughter.Just unbelievable.

Edited by Monkey Me

I really doubt that a cat (or any animal really) has the mental capacity to "know" anything is wrong. He is just doing what cats do, yes that sounds like a cop-out but it is true. If you expect the animal to evolve some sort of conscience and behave like an English socialite you are in for a rude awakening.

so cats have the mental capacityto roam around neighborhoods and remember exactally which house they came from and how to get there but they cant remember that the last rime they did something their owner threw them off/ yelled/ talked to them in an angry voice .. (the voice is all that matters, you can say anything you want in a happy voice and the pet will think that they were good)??? they know alright..

Memory and intelligence are too hugely different concepts. If you have ever heard of idiot savants these are people who are basically mentally retarded (mental capacity of a 4-6 year old or so) yet they can memorize entire novels or complex number/color patterns. Yet you would not call them intelligent. Quite interesting actually.

• 2 weeks later...
I really doubt that a cat (or any animal really) has the mental capacity to "know" anything is wrong.  He is just doing what cats do, yes that sounds like a cop-out but it is true.  If you expect the animal to evolve some sort of conscience and behave like an English socialite you are in for a rude awakening.

539889[/snapback]

What you said has been ringing in my head for the last few weeks.Simple really but a concept hard for me to act on.I'm just too soft.I have always known better but hard to look and treat people accordingly.Decency and all that sillyness and all .I indeed had many rude awakenings the last few years.Anyway,good point well put.My hats off to you. :thumbs-up:

it's called a conditioned response. animals learn this way. Pavlov's dogs ring a bell? (it will if you know).

the cat will learn the same way, except thru negative reinforcement. he bite or scratches me, I'll shave his butt bald next time. when he has no hair he'll learn.

of course I have only seen brief streaks of black fur running across the house to avoid me now :)