I've Almost Seen It All....

NCC10281982B

I agree with virus on the teaching everybody only evolution. I think we should teach both sides. I mean the least we can do is give people both sides of the argument instead of choosing for them.

for the record I converted to Christianity over the summer.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with virus on the teaching everybody only evolution. I think we should teach both sides. I mean the least we can do is give people both sides of the argument instead of choosing for them.

for the record I converted to Christianity over the summer.

534925[/snapback]

exactly, like public schools, the only thing they teach is evolution, you should be able to learn about both, so you can decide for yourself.

Edited by virus

Who cares if we were created or evolved? We are HERE, NOW. The only thing that REALLY matters is WHERE we are going. Shall we ruin our environment or keep it clean? Shall we destroy ourselves with war, or live in peace with each other? Or an even deeper question...

Xbox360 or PS3? (j/k)

but seriously, about that "zoo" since when have we lived without anykind of technology? Who cares about a couple of idiots in a small artificial enclosure.

:foldon:

yes i agree creationism is hard to consider as a science, while evolution is easy.

maybe they should stop teaching evolution till they figure out a way to teach both.

i was brought up with a fairly religous family, and i will always believe in creationism, no matter how much they try and prove evolution. its just my beleifs, but theres people who arent sure, and then they go to a public school. and get evolution thrown at them, and nothing else.

I agree, trying to teach people the facts is bad.

534910[/snapback]

If it was fact, it would not be called the "Theory of Evolution"

Which is not neccessarily to say that I believe in creationism either. I have yet to see solid evidence to support either.

I don't believe in evolution so how can I believe that humans and animals are equal? lol

534913[/snapback]

I bet you guys were wondering why this thread was on page 2 and I only had one post :lol: . here goes...

As the great Rush Limbaugh once said, "When's the last time whales built a city?"

If it was fact, it would not be called the "Theory of Evolution"

Which is not neccessarily to say that I believe in creationism either. I have yet to see solid evidence to support either.

534947[/snapback]

Please read the essays.

EDIT: And kids get religion thrown at them by walking outside and watching TV. "Call now for your free Bible!"

Therefor, saying that they are only taught Evolution isn't entirely true.

edit: arguing in political threads is pointless. removing this post 'cause it don't matter to anyone. OCC is a computing forum, this post's OT, so goodbye.

never mind

Edited by cybergrunt69

So whatever happened to the good old concept of separation of church and state?

It's pretty arrogant to say that creationism should be taught next to evolution. Last I checked, this wasn't a theocratic state. Which means that there are a lot of people in this country who do NOT believe in creationism and forcing them to accept it would be a violation of their religious rights. Evolution, on the other hand, is based on facts obtained by scientific methods.

If you want to teach Intelligent Design, teach it in churches and private Catholic schools. Don't force the teaching of a religious belief within a public school setting. Public schools are funded by the government, which is a non-religious entity. I would personally like to keep it separated from the church seeing as how several million Americans aren't Christian.

Church & State should coincide to an extent to keep from major bias. For example, if the goverment was almost all hardcore athiests who think that religion is evil, then there's a heavy chance of laws being passed that are against allowing religion to exist in the nation peacefully. Same goes for a bunch of Christians.

Students should be made aware of Creationism, yes. I will agree on that. However, teaching it right next to evolution would be like preaching to a classroom, which will spark lawsuits galore.

And the reason I'm pointing to the essays is because they do a much better job of explaining things then I do, and are quite a good read. There, two birds killed with one stone: You get a good read, and my point gets across.