Windows Vista

Kash

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it sounds like they've basically just taken most of the actual "content" out of the new OS, and switched from a decent name like "Longhorn" to a lame name like "Vista". I just can't figure out where Microsoft gets its crappy reputation from :P

I honestly don't understand why it's taking them so long to come out with this OS when they're not even including the most prominent features they originally promised (original launch date was 2004 then pushed to 2006 with half the features). How could Microsoft, a company with billions of dollars at its disposal, not be able to hire even half competent programmers? Are they having monkeys do the programming? Honestly, the statement of sticking a bunch of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and having them eventually produce Shakespeare was highly improbably, and they expect these monkeys to produce a stable, secure OS.

514491[/snapback]

well, lets look at what MS is interested in: money.

why on gods sweet earth do you release a new product when the old one is still selling millions of copies?! MS are not dumb. an extra 2 years of sales from XP give Longhorn/Vista a prolonged shelf life.

i say it's clever marketing really.

Either way, if you want to stay with a Windows platform, then most of us will probably be using it at some point in the future.

And, personally I quite like the look of it and will certainly be trying it out.

Heard a rumor that in the enduser licence agreement it says that Microsoft has the right to turn u in to the police if they find u pirateing any software. If that true im sticking to xp aslong as I can. Also anyone have any idea of a price range. Im thinking $150+

Guest Jeremy
So is windows vista basically going to be like windows media eddition but better and have a new name to it.

514845[/snapback]

Nope, not at all. Check out this article to see some revealing information. They promise that Vista will launch applications 15% faster and boot PCs faster than they currently do. If you ask me, it doesn't just look like a bloated version of XP (which is probably why they pushed the release date back).

Edit:

Heard a rumor that in the enduser licence agreement it says that Microsoft has the right to turn u in to the police if they find u pirateing any software. If that true im sticking to xp aslong as I can. Also anyone have any idea of a price range. Im thinking $150+

I seriously doubt that. First of all thats probably not legal (going back to the sedition act). Plus, Microsoft is interested in money. If they did have this ability, then millions of people would not buy Vista, which would cause them to lose hundreds of millions of dollars that they could have (possibly) gained. Most likely its just some made-up rumor.

Edited by Jeremy