Windows Vista

Kash

im currently beta testing hte builds: home(32bit) and pro ver.(64bit)

there is only builds

and they are buggy as hell

i went to my computer, and it gave me all these errors and froze lol. doesnt really work. but by next 6 months, it should be in alpha stage

516120[/snapback]

:rolleyes: umm, microsofts website says

Beta 1, targeted at developers and IT professionals, will be available by August 3rd 2005.
:rolleyes:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you miss the whole x86 OS X thing... you could nativilly emulate windows from OS X or even dual boot... if Jobs allows that to happen which I believe he has...

also... linux is becoming more and more user friendlly... have you ever tried it?

516015[/snapback]

Yep, they said it. OS/X x86. However, there's still a big "if". Mac OS's have never run on non-mac hardware. This is something they'd probably like to keep going, if they can. I personally don't think they can, and I think it'd be MUCH smarter for them to let people dual-boot it with windows, because I think they'd win that showdown. BUT, it would be very easy to make x86 OS/X dependant on specific hardware, and then it probably won't go very far.

And with regards to linux. Yes, linux has gotten way way way way way way better! Installing Redhat9 is actually easier than XP in most ways! However, linux is still much harder to USE. And it's compatibility is still a big problem. Let's face it. Until you can go to Best Buy and pick up a game for a linux box, linux is not a competitor to windows.

stop joking man, whoes gonna pay for every song.

your funny.

I have not met anyone who doesn't use limewire or something like it.

its only illegal if u get caught.

516056[/snapback]

You know these boards don't support pirating right? You're just making yourself look dumb by bragging..... Here's a clue. If you're going to do it, just shut up about it. Don't brag.

Id think they would may OS/X compatible with all hardware. I mean apple has done a number things over they years and this would b another to add to their list. As for linux I belive it will get easier to use. If more support is offered for it then people might start using it since it is free.

You know these boards don't support pirating right?  You're just making yourself look dumb by bragging.....  Here's a clue.  If you're going to do it, just shut up about it.  Don't brag.

516132[/snapback]

I *Don't* Pirate. *means insert the word "do" here. I dont brag so I wont.

Guest Jeremy

After reading these posts above, i've decided to download FC4. I'd rather not be controlled by power hungry M$!

Edited by Jeremy

Id think they would may OS/X compatible with all hardware. I mean apple has done a number things over they years and this would b another to add to their list. As for linux I belive it will get easier to use. If more support is offered for it then people might start using it since it is free.

516140[/snapback]

OS X is going to tun on apple's hardware OR it will be hacked but I wouldnt think that would be fast...

if Jobs says it will only run on his hardware then its very doable... when I say hacked you might have to pull an "xbox mod chip" deal...

OS X is going to tun on apple's hardware OR it will be hacked but I wouldnt think that would be fast...

if Jobs says it will only run on his hardware then its very doable... when I say hacked you might have to pull an "xbox mod chip" deal...

516143[/snapback]

Either that or a software hack migh edit the software to work on any hardware. Jobs has to realize that he could potentially make some money if he makes it supprort all pc hardware. Im sure that hte mac fans that are jstu interisted in the os will start using a pc not a mac. Of corse if thats the case then jobs might not sell as many macs because ppl will buy pcs and just use OS/X and not buy the actual mac hardware with OS/X.

After reading these posts above, i've decided to download FC4. I'd rather not be controlled by power hungry M$!

I already have it but I think I might just get Redhat and try that out if I bother to stop being lazy and actually commit myself to installing it.

I really dont understand why ppl hate microsoft so much.. I use windows xp pro. I like this OS- Its easy to use, I can run my software no problem. I do alot of photo shop - painter ect. I like it better than a mac. I am a Graphic artest and i do it for a living. I also play games. Problem with lynix is lack of game support. Ya they have a few. A few isnt that good, a gammer ususally wants to play a game at launch not wait a month later waiting for the lynix patch to come out.

If anyone has ever researched now called Vista it is not built ontop of the XP its accually build ontop of server 2003- Problem with the older os is that 95 then 98 was build on that , then Nt and 2000 was built on that then Xp was built ontop of 2000 So much legacey code and code that was outdated just floating around the program. The vista is supppost to be clean of legacey code. A stream lined OS. All OS have there pros and cons . Those here saying that Microsoft will die your dreaming one there a cashcow. They have there hands in more things the operating systems. The general market not gamers or computer nerds out there are the main steam consumer IE your mom, your dad, ppl who work in the buissness world using oh guess what Windows products, Microsoft office.

Its fun to debate stuff but dont blow smoke out your butt. Like all things ppl tend to defend what there using.

ure right and the reason we hate it now is because of a few things. Bad security, BSOFD (guess wut the F means), and many more jsut to name a few. But maybe vista will be better or maybe will have a new os to hate at this point we dont know.

Either that or a software hack migh edit the software to work on any hardware. Jobs has to realize that he could potentially make some money if he makes it supprort all pc hardware. Im sure that hte mac fans that are jstu interisted in the os will start using a pc  not a mac. Of corse if thats the case then jobs might not sell as many macs because ppl will buy pcs and just use OS/X and not buy the actual mac hardware with OS/X.

I already have it but I think I might just get Redhat and try that out if I bother to stop being lazy and actually commit myself to installing it.

516150[/snapback]

Mac is a hardware company... just remember that...

Its fun to debate stuff but dont blow smoke out your butt. Like all things ppl tend to defend what there using.

eh... Im on windows right now... Im still debating for linux...

guess what... the normal consumers are getting fed up with windows... atleast where I live I hear lots of people saying windows screwed up and now I lost everything... lots of times... and they want something better...

for the normal consumer (IE my mom) they can do everything on linux (not lunix or however the hell you spelled it) as they could on windows... only thing is its free, more secure and looks almost exactlly like windows if you config it right (KDE is automatically installed on fedora I think... and it looks like windows)...

"but you cant edit Microsoft Office, Kevin... your an IDIOT!" linky

Edited by Kevin_E_Cramer

Guest Jeremy
for the normal consumer (IE my mom) they can do everything on linux (not lunix or however the hell you spelled it) as they could on windows... only thing is its free, more secure and looks almost exactlly like windows if you config it right (KDE is automatically installed on fedora I think... and it looks like windows)...

"but you cant edit Microsoft Office, Kevin... your an IDIOT!" linky

516317[/snapback]

Yeah, this is why I think many people could switch to Linux, but they don't because they've never heard of it. When I install Fedora Core 4 on one of my PCs, my network card is ready to go, with plenty of apps already installed. Whereas on Windows, there is no useful stuff installed, and I still have to install sound drivers and network drivers. Linux has everything an average user could need, they just don't use it. Plus like Kevin said, its free and more secure (and better looking if you aske me).

Yep, they said it.  OS/X x86.  However, there's still a big "if".  Mac OS's have never run on non-mac hardware.  This is something they'd probably like to keep going, if they can.  I personally don't think they can, and I think it'd be MUCH smarter for them to let people dual-boot it with windows, because I think they'd win that showdown.  BUT, it would be very easy to make x86 OS/X dependant on specific hardware, and then it probably won't go very far.

And with regards to linux.  Yes, linux has gotten way way way way way way better!  Installing Redhat9 is actually easier than XP in most ways!  However, linux is still much harder to USE.  And it's compatibility is still a big problem.  Let's face it.  Until you can go to Best Buy and pick up a game for a linux box, linux is not a competitor to windows.

You know these boards don't support pirating right?  You're just making yourself look dumb by bragging.....  Here's a clue.  If you're going to do it, just shut up about it.  Don't brag.

516132[/snapback]

I don't brag, I never said I did it specifically, im just saying I no of noone who doesn't do it.

and yes i know this broad is against which is why ive never said it directly.