Why Is Family Always So craping Irrespectful?

Why is it that siblings are always disrespectful of you and your computer stuff? I mean, I just had to leave my FIRST EVER GOD dangED STA LEAGUE MATCH because people upstairs think that I'm too much of a computer obsessed freak and that they should be able to download whatever the hell they want (Windows has been re-installed on that computer twice already because of the amount of spyware and .), whenever they want. I mean, there have been times when I've unpliugged it because of the spyware, only to have my parents classy lady at me when they get on, BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO USE ANYTHING BUT IE! And my sister downloads MP3's all the god danged time, especially during practices or matches, claiming that if I wasn't "such a computer obsessed freak," I wouldn't care. My brother (older one) is the only one who's willing to not download during matches, given that he's a former league player (he and his clan went to Quake Con '02 if that says anything), and I don't download stuff or browse the web when he's got something going on.

So, why is it that family members can never respect their computer guru(s), even after they fix their computers for free?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to do that. Reek havok on the system and create policy rules and crap that stop them from doing things. Either one of two things will happen. 1. they give in and let you do what you want. 2. They rip you a new one and you never touch the computer again. I say go for it! :lol:

:P j/k

unregardless of the fact you are disenfunding the reforementioned internet service. you should be irrconsernded about the over all happening of it. since you have taken the time to try and edumakate your domestic co-habitators and they thus far have irregarded your advice up to this point.

here is what you do, reformat the hardrives thats infested with spyware. then install FF, give it the IE Icon, change titles, ECT and tell them its IE 6.5. How would they know the diffrence. then block the MP3 sites, tell your sis the site must be having trouble, ect ect ect, thats what I would do, sounds to me like they shouldnt even HAVE a computer. Spyware is danerous, tell them what it can do, what it does, then convince them to use FF. I use FF now, NO spyware, love it. Tabbed browsing is cool too.

because they grow used to haveing us fix their problems, so once we make all their problems go away they think it's ok to do whatever they want to again and never learn from the first mistake. this is because when you can fix anything they break for free they just think "oh well it'l be fixed in te morning" and come back to a fully functional system.

one thing that I hate is that when you sit down in front of a machine in a NETWORKED computer lab someone who normally sits their(no we don't have assigned seats) says "get off of that computer it has my stuff on it" they just can't seem to comprehend that everything is accesible to anyone on any computer!

another thing that I hate is that when I try to accses my stuff on my ftp server from school ( the school has a REALLY crappy 512 KILOBIT dsl thing ) while all other people are playing games that EAT right through the small pipe on the dsl I timeout because of their games and the files are for x paper for y class. this dsl line is the only one for a school with 200 something computers with each machine constantly making requests to an online grade and stat databse. the network admin completly ignors my suggestions because he knows that I know more about networking then him. we don't even have our own login names! we log on as "student" with no password. all our stuff is on 1 400 gig drive and ANYone can acess any file and crap it up for you, that is why I set up my ftp server.

Or just use preventative measures to stop the stuff from ending up on your comp anyways! Like, immunize using spybot, block known bad websites using spybot, have your antivirus proggy scan stuff as it is downloaded, use a hardware firewall AND another, (I use Pccillin, works fine for me.) have something scan on a schedule like Xsoftspy or Adaware. It's not IE's fault, I use IE and it's great. I use Firefox too and it's good as well.

And yeah, stop whining about people using their own comp! What you could do is start charging to fix or build other peoples comps, save your money and BUY YOUR OWN!

And you could also just be thankful that you have a family to look after, some people don't! Not saying I don't have family but you could look at it as a positive thing, having family around you to screw stuff up:)

unregardless of the fact you are disenfunding the reforementioned internet service. you should be irrconsernded about the over all happening of it. since you have taken the time to try and edumakate your domestic co-habitators and they thus far have irregarded your advice up to this point.

488798[/snapback]

:lol: edumakate !!! :bah:

Just stop fixing it for them... then they will stop screwing around with the comp

Thats exactly how my family is and I just gave up and started getting used to it. I've reinstalled Windows more than five times on the family computer and then at least twice on my extra computer that my siblings use alot. I every week or so I transfer all data to my computer so that if I randomly need to reinstall that not much is lost in terms of data.

They dont understand anything that I do, but I do it anyway and when I try to explain anything they just blow me off. They dont know what FireFox or IE are so I just installed FireFox and told them to click it for the internet and they just agreed, then I proceeded to uninstall IE. My parents are completly computer stupid though and they just dont understand any of it so they just let me do whatever I think is good for the computers.

To get people to stop downloading stuff, just unplug thier Ethernet cable from the router, but make it look like its still in and then just tell them that the internet stopped working. When your done just plug it back in. But just remember that you dont pay for the internet bill. Once you start paying it then you can limit thier control over it.

I agree with many of the others, yo ucant really complain until something is yours to own. Since i got my own computer, my parents havent touched my computer that i built with my cash. Granted, i do get a lot of crap that i should be saving my money blah blah blah, they respect that its mine, and i've put a lot of time and money into it. On the internet connection thing, find a program where you dont have to share to download, maybe they will try that. I'm sure your line can handle 30-200kb/s download with maybe 5 higher ping.