Mx 518 Versus The Diamondback Plasma

So, I'm looking into a new mouse.

I've been eyeing the MX 518 and Diamondback Plasma. Both seem to get pretty good reviews.

I've never used a Razer mouse before, generally just Logitech (cordless duo and now mx700).

As far as gaming, World of Warcraft, Counterstrike: Source, and Halo are the main targets. WoW doesn't really require much mouse action, but I've heard even so the MX 518 is quite nice with it.

So, any suggestions? I've been eyeing razor mouses ever since they started talking about making the viper, but haven't bought anything yet. I'm a bit worried that if I get the Razer I could be disappointed, but if I get the Logitech I'll regret never trying the Razer; that's why I came here :)

Suggestions?

I love the Razer, but prefer the feel of the Logitech in my hand. The Razer is too small.

It's still the best mouse I've used, but I bought it right before the Logitech 1800 came out. Bummer for me.

I'll bet the Logitech is the better mouse. /shrug

Hmm well it looks like i'll have to go with the razer :)

It also seems like quite a bit of people are going with the eXactMat. Anyone who has used both, how does it compare to the Func 1030 (any version) ?

Nooo!! GO with the mx1000!! It can be found for about 50 dollars on various online retailors. :) I dont like Razer.

483084[/snapback]

Forgive me if i'm wrong but doesn't the mx1000 turn itself off when it just sits? And I know the razer doesn't power down.

Clamothe try here..Razor forums This might help..

Edited by 10Gauge

Looks like you made the right choice! (judgeing from your other toPic)

I got the Dimond Back Salmander red! I love it! GREAT MOUSE!

Id definatly recomend it to you!

For me.....even my MX700 has NO lag whatsoever, i mainly play CS:S, CS1.6, WC3 and are all fine with the mouse. I don't think the MX1000 switches of when not in use, but the MX700 does after something like 20 minutes, which IMO isnt that bad, because its not like ur in CS:S and sitting there not moving the mouse for 20min....and then suddenly move it...you know what i mean. Meh, i'd get the MX1000, its nice and cheap, at least in US it is....over in AUS its still $100

I just got the diamondback plasma and In my opinion it destroys my mx510. The feet on this thing are so freakin smooth. The buttons are so responsive. I love on the fly sens adjustmenst..I had this thing adjusted to my liking in like 5 mins.