Legal Marriage Age (us)

crazym0dz

Guess I came in too late... All the good points have been mentioned already... I'm just gonna say that I'm 22 now and just barely think I'm prepared for marriage. can you honestly tell yourself that you are ready to spend the rest of your life with this girl? are you right now willing to give up all the "fun and games" of being a teenager and enjoying hanging out with your friends on saturday nights all the time, just to start life as an unprepared adult too early?

At 22 I've analyzed what it takes to start a family from honey-moon, to home, to kids. I realize the "freedom" I currently enjoy will be impaired by serious responsibilities. Maybe 15 feels right, but that doesn't necessarily mean you fully understand and are fully prepared for what is required to make such a decision... Just my 2 cents

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you want to get married, ok do it when your 18, as for now if you do your an idiot, not bc i say you dont love her, not bc you dont think you have great reasons, but what happens if 1. You get a kid 9 months later, 2. Your parents kick you out bc of bad grades/wife troubles 3. you have no job no nothing to help support yourself and cant survive 4. You want to go to college to get a better paying job and make her happy, but wait,your working at Burger King asking me if i want fries with that (btw yes i do that's why i ordered a King Size value meal) and cant get an education bc if you quit your lowly job you, your wife, and the two kids wil starve.

Granted worst case senario there, but i could very well happen. Best case senario, you loose the fun of HS/college and are all work work work trying to survive and you really DO love each other and make it threw. Of course it'll prob end in devorce by age 16/17, assuming you COULD get married.

Basically if your sure she's the one, prove it to her, show her everyday, take her out, do fun things together, maybe a little stuuf along the lines of Marty's thinking :lol:, but WHAT IS GETTIGN MARRIED GOIGN TO PROVE Marrige does NOT = love. love = love.

:lol: HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

marriage at 15? i think you've been playing with your Barbie and Ken too much... pffft marriage... fine if you wanna sign your life away.... do you know how much money marriage (the whole ceremony and crap) costs? don't you realise that the next 6 years or so are the most fun years to be SINGLE?

you don't wanna be married at 15... you've seriously deluded yourself... are you sure you're not a girl?

marriage... HAHAHAHAHAH! :lol:

:lol: HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

marriage at 15? i think you've been playing with your Barbie and Ken too much... pffft marriage... fine if you wanna sign your life away.... do you know how much money marriage (the whole ceremony and crap) costs? don't you realise that the next 6 years or so are the most fun years to be SINGLE?

you don't wanna be married at 15... you've seriously deluded yourself... are you sure you're not a girl?

marriage... HAHAHAHAHAH! :lol:

457145[/snapback]

now HE hit the nail on the head :lol:

if you are really in love, you'll both hold out til you can afford it. it's the test ;) i thought that i was a cert with my gf, but she cant handle me being at Uni. i said (even though she thinks she has now made a mistake) that i wont take her back while i am at uni cos it will be too tough still.

trust me on one thing: no matter how much you may be in love, something could happen at any moment. as i said to mine: if it's meant to be, it will one day.

a piece of paper aint gonna change that my friend!

LOL. I can't believe you all wasted the time to tell him the things he should already know. Thats funny 15....lollololololololololololol.....LMFAO, you can't even drive or work full time....hehehehehehe

Yes well i would agree about wastign the tiem to tell him, but obviously he doesnt see it this way so 98% of ppl here telling him not to SHOULD be some indication as to it beign a bad idea.

lol, his life. Let him screw it up. After all he is the one coming on here trying to defend it. If it was that important to him, the topic of this post would have been Congrats to me, I just got married at age 15.

I'm almost 20, and I starting dating my girlfriend when I was about 14.5.  While the thought of marriage seems great, in reality we're both not ready yet.  She's finishing up her masters, and I've got about 2 years left on my bachelors.  I can't even imagine going through college getting married.  I mean, you've already got a heck of a lot of studying to do, throw on top of that those other responsibilities?  No thanks.  That doesn't mean that I won't end up marrying her later, in fact it does look like it's headed that way since we've been together for about 5 years. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you have TONS more to worry about in your life right now.  If she really loves you and you really love her, then you two should not have a problem waiting for each other.

457095[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm in the same kinda situation. I said before, my g.f and me have been together nearly 6 years, and we're thinking about marrieage now. But really, there's no way you can even know who you are, and who the missis is until you've lived together. We've been living in the same house together for the last two years, and while I tihnk it's made things better for us, I know a few friends who have broken up with partners almost as soon as they've moved in together, cos they decided thay couldn't stand e/o anymore...

There are stages to go through first before you get married.

Break up... Women love to do that, they enjoy the drama. :P

Make a single group of shared friends and go out as a couple all the time

Go off to college

Move in together

WAIT

WAIT some more

Then and ONLY then should you be thinking about marriage

;)