Legal Marriage Age (us)

crazym0dz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when's the baby due?  I've heard this one before...  infact it sounds like my buddy Andy.  order of events in Andy's life:  Baby, Wedding, Honeymoon / Senior Spring Break, Prom, Graduation, Divorce, Child Support, Bankrupcy.

sounds like a GREAT way to start off your adult life doesn't it?

Also keep in mind that my wife and I met @ your age.  we dated most of the way thru after meeting.  took us 9 1/2 years to get married... and believe me people DO change for the better in that time span.  We also have a 4 and 1 yr old.  so I know how married with children is... it's NOT easy, it's not fun, it's not something anyone is ready for @ 15-18yrs of age.

on that note cast another vote for YOU'RE NOT OLD ENOUGH, STOP CRYING!

457003[/snapback]

Yeah it would be wierd to get married at such a young age, I personally like having money and freedom, this is something you can't have if your married, let alone if your married and you still live with mom and dad.

You said you were 15, right? Are you even out of High School?

Heck, at 15 you cannot even legally get a full time job. Are you even working? How do you plan on supporting yourself and your wife? o.O

By 15 I thought I had found "the one". Hell, buy the time I was 17 I'd say I had found "the one" at least three times. I was 18 before I truly found "the one", and even then it was six years before I married her. Yes, six years.

Why did I wait six years? There are a lot of reasons; such as finishing High School, going to college, getting a decent paying job, finances, maturity, and a slew of other reasons.

It takes a lot of money and maturity to start a family, even if it is just two of you. At over 50K/year it is still very difficult to support myself and my wife while paying all of the bills each week. Everyone is different, but it doesn't change that money and maturity are two very important things in marriage.

If I were you, I'd wait until you are at least 20. By then, you should have a better grasp on things. You should be more prepared for the real world, and maybe even marriage.

Let's see here....

Do you have a driver’s license? Or even a permit?

Do you have a vehicle? How do you plan on getting around?

Do you work? How do you plan on feeding, clothing, and caring for your family? How do you plan to pay the bills and insurance?

What about school? GED? High School Grad? Collage?

Where do you plan to live? Your parents? Her parents? Under a bridge?

When I was in college, I thought I was the most mature and independent person ever. Now, looking back, I still had a lot of growing up to do.

Words of wisdom there.

You are not mature enough to get married, sorry. I just have to put it bluntly like others have said. And I know that I'm DEFINATELY not mature enough to get married.

You think you've found the girl of your dreams, eh?

I thought the same thing over a year ago. I broke up with her nearly two months ago.

Seriously, just take hold of your life. The real world will NOT step aside for you and your girlfriend. NOBODY will be spoon feeding you money, clothes, food, etc.

Do you have a high paying job? Are you making 80k a year?

At 15 I HIGHLY doubt that. While it's possible to live and feed kids and a wife on 32k a year(the amount my happily married history teacher makes), then you had better hope that your wife wants to work hard too(his wife is the Elementary principal).

Also people, don't call him an attention whore/begger/etc. Even if he is, then why not ignore him? You'd only be giving him attention by calling him names.

I think D3 hit the nail on the head there. I agree with his post and well actually I agree with all the post's saying WAIT!!!!!!! lol....Seriously man at 15 lol I was too busy playing sports and playing with computers to even worry about a chick lol. Yea, I had dates and had some fun on the weekend's, but man your 15 ENJOY YOUR TEEN YEARS WHILE THEY LAST! (sorry for shouting mod's lol)..........I honestly don't think anyone is truely ready to get married until at least 20 years of age. I also think people should date at least a couple years first. Just my 2 cents. You can think and do as you wish, but just remember those law's restricting marriage to a certain age are there for a reason. :)

EDIT: lamo @ marty! *dies laughing at marty* hahaha :lol:

I'm almost 20, and I starting dating my girlfriend when I was about 14.5. While the thought of marriage seems great, in reality we're both not ready yet. She's finishing up her masters, and I've got about 2 years left on my bachelors. I can't even imagine going through college getting married. I mean, you've already got a heck of a lot of studying to do, throw on top of that those other responsibilities? No thanks. That doesn't mean that I won't end up marrying her later, in fact it does look like it's headed that way since we've been together for about 5 years.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you have TONS more to worry about in your life right now. If she really loves you and you really love her, then you two should not have a problem waiting for each other.

Guest Silenc3
Dude knows we're right, but he's too proud to admit it. It's ok though, cuz I seriously doubt you'll marry the girl anytime soon. Honestly, if the girl agreed to marry you at 15, no offense, but I think both of you are idiots. ONE of you should have SOME common sense to realize the stupidity of marriage at such a young age.

456986[/snapback]

AMEN

15 and marriage, lolers theres a good one. Bet if you asked the kid what marriage meant he wouldnt be able to spell out the first 5 things good about it, nevermind the first 5 things that aren't good about it.

I really have to agree with what all the guys have said. I remember being 15 and thinking I knew everything and that no one understood the way I felt etc etc. I thought I was with the "ONE" too....and thank God I wised up or I wouldn't have actually found the "ONE". The age of 15 is a wild, passionate, "Romeo and Julliete" kind of time. You think you know everything. If you love her at all then the best thing you can do for her is wait. If it's true love...then there's no rush. School should be your top priority right now...as well as enjoying life. It isn't fun when you finish school and get out in the real world. So many responsibilities. Sometimes I wish I could go back and enjoy being a teenager more. There's nothing worse than having regrets later in life. I've also seen people who married young....do you think they're happy now? They didn't finish school, they can't get a good job, they can't afford things they need, they end up bitter with each other etc etc. I know you're probably just going to say that we don't understand how it is with you two...trust me..you aren't the only one that's gone through this...be wise enough to take advice from those that have so you don't screw things up. Me and D3 waited until we were 24....things are still tough...there's no way we would have made it if we had married at 17.