Legal Marriage Age (us)

crazym0dz

Dude, turn off the chick flicks. You're barely in HIGH SCHOOL. You literally have not a CLUE about what it takes to live in the REAL world. You have no idea what sort of responsibilities you will face as you grow older. You have no idea what obstacles that you shall soon face in high school, and then in college. You have no idea what sort of changes you will see in your lifetime.

You may think you're in love. That may be entirely true for all we know. However, just because you're in love doesn't mean you can bypass rules set by society. They were designed for a REASON. They're not there just to piss you off or keep you from doing whatever you want, they are there to make sure you don't do something you will regret. They are there to curb stupid behavior.

Marriage is also a VERY big responsibility. It's easy to say "I'm in love with her, so I'll marry her". The reality is that there are SO many things that you have to take into account, you have not a CLUE. You can't just marry somebody and then not be able to support yourself and this girl you purportedly "love". If you "loved" her that much, you would do her a favor and make sure you're able to support her and a potential family for the rest of your lives. You may be in love, but love doesn't pay the bills.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude knows we're right, but he's too proud to admit it. It's ok though, cuz I seriously doubt you'll marry the girl anytime soon. Honestly, if the girl agreed to marry you at 15, no offense, but I think both of you are idiots. ONE of you should have SOME common sense to realize the stupidity of marriage at such a young age.

God rolled my dice early. And it hit the right number!

456957[/snapback]

when's the baby due? I've heard this one before... infact it sounds like my buddy Andy. order of events in Andy's life: Baby, Wedding, Honeymoon / Senior Spring Break, Prom, Graduation, Divorce, Child Support, Bankrupcy.

sounds like a GREAT way to start off your adult life doesn't it?

Also keep in mind that my wife and I met @ your age. we dated most of the way thru after meeting. took us 9 1/2 years to get married... and believe me people DO change for the better in that time span. We also have a 4 and 1 yr old. so I know how married with children is... it's NOT easy, it's not fun, it's not something anyone is ready for @ 15-18yrs of age.

on that note cast another vote for YOU'RE NOT OLD ENOUGH, STOP CRYING!

You're fifteen.  I'm going to say you really do have no idea yet, and you're going to retort that you do.  Ask anyone here who is 20 and over to reflect upon themselves as a fifteen year old.  They will admit that they were nowhere near marriage, and I can say with 99% certainty that you are not either.

456961[/snapback]

Well... OK, I am gonna both agree with you and disagree with you here.

I am 21 now, and I am still with the woman I was with when I was 15. Now, while that's a good thing for us, I can wholeheartedly say that if we'd got married when we were 16 (legal age here with parental consent, I think) we'd not be as happy as we are now.

I've not slept around, I haven't playted the field, and she IS the 'one' BUT, ya gotta remember, that people change a LOT between 15 and 20-somthing. I was lucky that we changed in similar ways, but I have friends from scholl married now, who absolutely hate their partner, one friend has already got divorced from her "one"

Take your time... Marriage is just a piece of paper, if you trully do love e/o then that piece of paper won't matter, anyway.

Reminds me of that Friends episode where they mentioned how the kid, who was getting married at 18, wouldn't even be able to drink at his bachelor's party.........