Confession Time

martymcfly

Guest Poopsicle Boy

i like once had a computer and i got mad at it so i like turned it off. like omg.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) I built my first computer without using standoffs.

2.) My brother plugged a floppy power connecter into the "jumper" pins on a hard drive. Fried. (taught me not to leave him alone with even the most simple tasks :P)

oh yeah, removed fan grill from Volcano 12... left Scsi U320 cable a little too close to cpu (you try putting a 4' long drive cable in a mid tower). replaced side pannel, not realizing that it pushed the cable right into the fan, hit power button. loud noise (thought the thing was just that loud). no HDD's found. open case, see $80 cable mauled by fan. go buy new cable.

1) 4-5 yrs ago... While putting together a barebones for a friend I stuck the AGP card in the wrong slot w/out unplugging the power supply. tskstk pop luckily only had to replace the PSU.

2) 2 yrs ago...My old shuttle MK32N MoBo had IDE probs, I went to re-format re-install windows but c was listed as d/ d listed as c in the BIOS and I ended up losing 60 gigs of musick and movies. didn't notice the size variance till after the format started. I was low enough but then my bro' just laughed and laughed...

lessons learned, more to come I am sure....

Went out for beers, and got absolutely hosed, came home and decided I needed to play some CS:S, Sad thing is I was pwning hardcore, within a few rounds I was like 9 and 1. So then I started talking smack on my microphone (which totally isn't me), and my roommate was trying to sleep, I guess I was yelling quite loud, so he came and unplugged my computer while I was playing :(

Was working on my dad's computer and he had a Palomino 1600+ and I forgot to put the HSF back on, I turned on the computer, and it turned on for 2 seconds then powered off. I had to buy him a new CPU.

Edited by LobbDogg

i thought the one of my mobos were dead, so i was like YAY NEW MOBO! but nooo, it has to be the 20pin connector not connected to the mobo :/ i also put a hs on an old 1700+ backwords, turned it on, posted, boot into windows, give me temp overheating message, turn it off, look in comp, take off hs, the thermalpad grabbed the CORE with it.... lol