Psp, This Thing Rocks

lando520

Got the PSP today and I have to say WOW this thing is awesome. I have never been a fan of handhelds or consoles for that matter but I had to have this thing after I saw it at the store. The games look good and play great, but the movies look awesome. Well I gotta go play with this thing more, but I would defenitly recommend it to anyone who wants a mobile entertainment center.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have tried both and let me say... the ds SUCKS!!! its under powerd, has a lot less features, feels flimsy, screens suck.......

the psp is the god of handheld gameing and almost as good as consols.

100% worth the price

it lives up to its hype 100%

the wireless multiplayer incredible!!!!

after i got it at bestbuy me and 10 other guys plaed some multiplayer games and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!

11% battery life lasted me 30 or so mins wiht wi-fi,full brightness, full volume, and lots of map changing (aka disc use)

so id say the battery life is really good.

The device its self is WONDERFULLY DESINGED!!! the screen is gorgous! poping spiderman 2 in (which came with it for free) IS SOO CRISP it looks better than tv!!!

also i am not a fan boy of sony or nintendo....

XBOX OWNZ U!!!!

i refused to buy a ps2 because i hate it! i also hate the gamecube...

plus the ds has more "kiddie" games. Nintendo says there targeting the ds at older teens (hence the romoval of the word "gameboy") i dont think there doing a very good job. None of the " normal" kids have ds's at my school. The really loserish.... ehh.... you-gi-oh blah blah you know.....

i would NEVER recomend the ds or any nintendo product to ANYONE over the age of 13 EVER! of corse i would never recomend a ps2 to ANYONE unless all they play is rpgs.......

i give the psp 20 thumbs up!!!

ALSO if anyone wants any pics or vids of game play

pm or email me....

You can also connect to your pc and encode tv episodes and put it on the thing. You need a 1 gig memory if you want to do that though ( around $100-$120 ) I am playing with my friends. So far best games are wipeout , ridge racer and luminus (sp?)

Bionic Sniper is the wifi builtin or separate? If it is separate how much? Thanks for the info. What game you and your friends were playing???

By the way get the Nyko case for it if you guys are investing in one. It is good. Why? It comes with an additional battery plus you can dock the PSP in it and move it at an angle to watch movies.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=39

I have attached the picture. I am sorry Nintendo DS is no way a comparison to this. This beats DS. Yes DS has the pen to control but the screen is flimsy and sux.

For some strange reason the I cannot get the

Is playing online free or do you have to sign up for a monthly service like X-box live?

You can't really compare the DS against the PSP because they both might be very good depending on the games they have for them pending the future of course. I prefer PSP though because by the looks of the future they are more aimed at adults. The DS is definately aimed at little kiddies who like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and similar kiddie crap. If you compare the game release lists with each of these portables, you'll definately see the target market they are aiming for.

Guess the battery worries were a bunch of BS. Maybe ill have to scrape the $$ together once i get enough for a A64 SLI rig. :lol: like thatll happen anytime soon. :(

oh well :foldon:

Guest Flashstar

I got a GP32, which was first produced in 2002. It is still much faster than a DS, and it is completly open source! Currently there are about 20 emulators for it which can do anything from Atari to Game boy Advance emulation. :Dgp32_mainunit.jpg

Ya I got mine yesterday with Twisted Metal: Head ON and its so sweet! :thumbs-up: I can play wireless multiplayer at school because of their wireless routers, also there were 2 chicks that thought it was sweet. I might have to use it more during school. :bah: