Official Half-Life 2 Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't discuss until now because I just finished playing. I started at quarter after seven this morning. I'm far into Chapter 12... out of 15 chapters. :P On normal. Found it weird that the game is defaulted to easy and I'm glad I noticed before I started.

Only stopped once for like ten minutes to make a quick lunch. Only got caught up twice, in the water room that seems to be a popular place for getting stuck (they hid that valve so well). The other was much later in the game...

Spoiler

When you're in Nova Prospekt with Alyx trying to free Eli, there's a room where you get locked in and have to fight off several dozen Combine. You get three turnets to help fight them off, but it still very difficult and I ended up reloading my save several times.

Well, my brain is fried. Probably end up finishing it tomorrow or the next day, depends really on how hard the next three chapters are.

Here's a couple screen shots

What happens when you throw a paint bucket at a zombie (don't remember seeing that in any of the teaser movies).

paint.jpg

Didn't time it perfectly, but shooting a saw blade with the zero-point energy gun will go though more then one zombie.

buzzsaw.jpg

and lastly All Bob wanted to be was an olympic sprinter

sprinter.jpg