Official Half-Life 2 Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

Steam is hopefully down right now, I can't log on with any of my accounts and their site will occasionally work

Im not suprised...

They just launched a game thats 4 gig big and a LOT of people are loading it because they didnt know about preload... there topping 10 Gigabytes a second :blink:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still no word on day of defeat: source? I want to get the silver package primarily for that reason, but i havnt seen or heard anything about it. anyone know where i can get some pics.?

its not out yet...

bah, just gonna keep it. i called them and said it was a bad installation...no return, just an exchange, so i guess i'll keep it and do without the original half-life and the wait for Day of Defeat.

there's actually a federal law or something that dictates that a store cannot accept any open software. Some stores may go against this at times, but they're not supposed to.

ok, so basically, silver package still gets you it, but you gotta wait till it comes out and you get some sord of code or something??

yeah, I ordered Silver, and there was a small update for DoD last night when HL2 was released, but it's still listed under "Coming Soon". When it is released, you don't have to enter a code because everything that you purchase thru Steam is linked to your account...so in other words, it knows if you get it or not. Once it's available, you just download the Steam update and then the DoD update, just like what happened for HL2.

Now for some screenie goodness.....yes, this is drivable:

Hi all, first post for me.

Anyway, how is HL2 running on your machines for those that have played.

I have AMD XP 2700, and NVidia 5200.

Getting some stutters, esp with sound.

Long load time btn levels too.

system specs in sig, and I've experienced no lag except for the "loading" that happens every now and then. Makes you feel like you're playing on a console (until you see the amazing graphics). The loading is the only knock I have on the game so far.

Oh, the only other time I lagged was during a scripted sequence (with the alien-type guy towards the beginning). I meant to hit f5 to take a screenie, but accidentally hit f6 which is quick save. word of advice: do NOT try to save in the middle of a scripted sequence. Yeah, i don't think the game liked that too much. I never checked to see if the save file actually worked, but i was frozen for a few secs until the game recovered from my idiocy. heh.

a 5200 will slow you waaaaaaaaaaaay down!! the 2700 should be fine, but the GFX are letting you down.

a 5200 will slow you waaaaaaaaaaaay down!! the 2700 should be fine, but the GFX are letting you down.

propably not the right thread, but what would you recomend. Wouldn't want to spend more than US$200.