America Tells Europe To "shove It"

Silverfox

I stubled across this link while comparing news reports from BBC and MSNBC websites....

I was amused quite a bit. The only other comments were made about the French (and quite rightly so).

I'd like to make this point clear: the UK papers are predominantly awful. Especially the ones quoted, lol.

The views expressed are somewhat extreme, but I do find the MSNBC website somewhat...informal....

News Report

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it foolish to vote for Bush?

He hasn't done that bad of a job in his first 4 years, and the economy is doing better.

The other day, while walking down a sidwalk on campus, I heard this one girl say, "This is the darkes time in American politics". I believe her to be misinformed. The darkest time for American politics was upto and including the Civil War. How darker can you get, Father against Brother, Brother against Brother. The South seeceeding from the Union, a senetor beating the hell out of another senetor, while the Senate was in session. Pretty dark. Not to mention the year leading upto WWII, and I.

How foolish is it to vote Bush? Not very, if you like tax breaks and a safer world. Right now, the Middle East is in a precarious situation, Arafat is sick, and might die, leaving a a vacuum of power in Palestine. Israel will now negotiate directly with Palestine, because the successors are more inlcined to peace. An assualt is planned on Fallujah that will crush any resistance. And Baghdad is close to being peaceful and the Iraqi government is almost totally in place. I believe Bush would be the only choice if you want to see the total freedom of Iraq, and the start of a new peace b/n Israel and Palestine. Bush has the balls to act, whereas kerry wanted to pull out of Iraq immediately.

right, this isnt a Bush-Bashing (:lol:) thread.

it was merely pointing out the fact that the MSNBC news article was kinda childish in my opinion. its a big name in the news....and it uses derogatory slur against the UK and French.

Funny as it is, it was a bit surprising.

pleeeeeease dont criticise views! pleeeeeease!!

:(

i just want ppl to be nice to each other!

laugh at the french instead!

edit: Nor for their "cheese-eating surrender-monkey" neighbors across the Channel in France.

that's a quote from the report....yet it's titled "America tells Europe to shove it"

funny, is Great Britain now europe?! :lol:

the irony? look who wrote it....

Fine you can speak your opinions, but personal bashing IS NOT ALLOWED on this site. THAT is what you can keep to yourself.

Second, this is not a bush-bashing thread, so don't turn it into one.

His father did not try to oust Saddam... he intentionally left him there! I was old enough at the time to remember that, especially as my mother was in Desert Shield.

Finally, I'm not the only member here who has helped to keep your freedom intact, for me as I've now served in the Persian Gulf TWICE. Like hell if I'm going to leave.

It's about time we have a president who will do what he wants and doesn't care who in the hell he pisses off. First of all, the greatest WMD in Iraq was found, it's name, Saddam Hussein. We all hate France, but is France doing anything to correct our opinon? No. Why? Who the hell cares what Americans think of France and vice-versa. Avenging his father!? crap no, Bush, Sr. went to iraq and did what? Set The Iraqi military back 10 years and accomplished just what he was supposed to do, liberate Kuwait. Was there any mention of taking Sadaam out of power? No, none, no mention at all. Take our minds off Osama? Hmm.... haven't really heard that much about osame recently, maybe something happened to him. Could he be hiding somewhere fearful his life is over when our military finds him? Possibly.

I may not agree with everything Bsuh is doing, but he does what he says, and I respect that of him. He said that we went to Iraq to remove Sadaam from power, and a supporting detail was that he had WMD's. Who cares if none was found. The world knows he had them, and that he wasn't helping things in the Middle East. He's gone, and things are getting a helluva lot better over there. Not just in Iraq, but everywhere. Things are stabalizing. We are coming off an economic smash mouth in the 90's and the economy is averaging out. Competition is fierce and companies are doing well.

Would Kerry have made a good president, who knows. We have a very short list of good presidents to campare other presidents to. What makes a president good or bad? History, we will have no idea how good of a job Bush is doing until 14, years from now at least. maybe we will look bcak and say that Bush was a great pres. Maybe not, who knows. In 4 years, we will have a change, for good or bad, I dont know. Good for some, bad for others i believe, but all presidencies are like that.

I love America. Can't wait to see what the next 4 years bring.

allegedly Osama refers to 9/11 as "Manhattan" according to BBC news.

(and it's been moderated ALREADY!? who said something naughty?? c'mon, own up...)

EDIT: my bad...it explains 2 direct post by moi :lol: apologies to any french members! blame the "limey" who wrote the article!

Our newspapers in America tend to be more neutral than the British papers, so it was a little shocking to see those headlines. As for Britain being "Europe" to us, I think it's just that Britain's the only country in Europe that most Americans like; the cheese eaters get no love :lol:

Personally, I think more eggregious than Bush going to war is the French, Chinese and Russians refusing to go to war because they made deals with Saddam for oil contracts. Making deals with the devil and then trying to claim moral high ground is ridiculous.