Freedom Of Speech

agentorange

Well I hate to say it but it would be a shame for you to waste your life in this war.

While you may feel it is a wasted life, 53% of Americans feel differently. Along with 87% of the military who SUPPORTS the War on Terror wherever it is.

Just out of curiosity what kind of lawyer do you want to become (it's not a trick, I'm just wondering).
I am debating between "Criminal Justice" (Defense), Business, or Constitutional Law.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly I'm incredibly disgusted at how paritisan everything has become, as just this week a fistfight erupted between a group of Kerry and Bush supporters with signs along the highway. I beleive that if this hatred between liberals and conservatives continues, civil war is not far off.

I couldn't care less what percent of people feel what way! Seriously, do you expect me to base my decisions off inaccurate poles and what other people tell me I should think?!

If you want to talk about facts and figures, why is this the most heated election in the recent past?

Iggy, civil war isn't necessarily eminent but I wouldn't rule it out of the near future depending on how the election goes.

Civil war is improbable, but possible nonetheless. Whenever politics comes into a "real-life" situation, I usually just start with, "You may think that, but I have a different opinion, so ...." Usually keeps a bit of the bloodshed off my shoes :).

I still think though, that there are many people that absolutely hate the current president and couldn't stand "four more years." Then, you have the many people that defend the current president from anything.

Seriously, do you expect me to base my decisions off inaccurate poles and what other people tell me I should think?!

Polls aren't inaccurate. Take a Political Science, or even an Economics course. Calling them inaccurate is BASELESS....

If you want to talk about facts and figures, why is this the most heated election in the recent past?
Actually this is just as heated as 2000 was. Many people don't like Bush, but have no fear the MAJORITY of America DOES. :D
Iggy, civil war isn't necessarily eminent but I wouldn't rule it out of the near future depending on how the election goes.
Yea sure I can really imagine Liberals creating a civil war. :rolleyes:

With what guns? The ones they took away? :lol::rolleyes:

Dude, you are not very smart if you think the 2000 election was as heated as the 2004. I am sorry, you take a lot of classes and think you're really clever but you are so wrong sometimes I want to jump out the window. Saying the polls are accurate is just as baseless maybe more.

Oh yeah, and how about the guns my guns safe? Every liberal that I know owns a gun or ten so where do you come up with the idea that revolutionaries are against guns? There are republicans who don't like Bush, even conservatives who are voting for Kerry so don't think for a second that it couldn't happen.

Dude, you are not very smart if you think the 2000 election was as heated as the 2004. I am sorry, you take a lot of classes and think you're really clever but you are so wrong sometimes I want to jump out the window.

I guess Mr. Zogby from Zogby polling is wrong too?

"It is remarkable how much this election mirrors the election of 2000," said Mr Zogby, reporting that President George W Bush and his Democratic challenger, Senator John Kerry, were yesterday tied at 47 per cent each.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../ixnewstop.html

You are right agentorange. I don't know anything, nor does Mr. Zogby or any other Americans who have witnessed elections before. What is this the "first real" election that you are actually paying attention too?

Saying the polls are accurate is just as baseless maybe more.
Again, you know NOTHING about Statistics, nothing about Sample Size, and NOTHING about Political Science or Economics. Open any Economics, or Political Science book. Heck even ask ANY teacher about this. Polls are INDEED very accurate and "usually" predict results for any given type of election. While some polls may be off at times, they are many more times than not accurate. The 2000 election polls, based on the Popular Vote, were in fact leaning to Gore by 1 or 2% and that is exactly what happened. Same applies for 92 Polls with Bush Sr., Perot, and Clinton.

I am not going to sit here and argue why polls are accurate to a 16 year old who knows nothing about them.

Every liberal that I know owns a gun or ten so where do you come up with the idea that revolutionaries are against guns?
You obviously missed my point. Who is for gun-control and lobbies for it in Congress? Cough....Kerry....Cough..... Cough......Liberals..........Cough........

I rest my case.... :rolleyes:

There are republicans who don't like Bush,
Obviously, but they are still voting for him.
even conservatives who are voting for Kerry
Please give me a factual artical that states conservatives are voting for Kerry. Don't come up with stuff that isn't true. I will call you on it.

Wow!  A smartass remark instead of an intelligent response, Im shocked.

You say his response wasn't intellgent but you call him a smartass a contradiction in words.

Frankly I'm incredibly disgusted at how paritisan everything has become, as just this week a fistfight erupted between a group of Kerry and Bush supporters with signs along the highway. I beleive that if this hatred between liberals and conservatives continues, civil war is not far off.

I've actually heard that its is getting that far. People are getting so fired up that if the person other than the person they voted for got elected that their not sure what they would do.

Edited by BloodySunday

You say his response wasn't intellgent but you call him a smartass a contradiction in words.

I didnt call him a smartass. I called it a smartass response. It was a smartass response in order to avoid answering questions posed by ayo. Its not a contridiction in words. If thats not a smartass comment, I wouldnt know what to call it. There is no contradiction, merely observation.