Freedom Of Speech

agentorange

so, you live on the 101 huh? where at? I'm up in Arcata... close to Eureka...

and yeah that's pretty sick the UPS guy and all... really... It's just part of the human contition I soupose...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you live in arcata duffman? My wife and I drove through there back in 2002 on a trip down the coast. As we approached we heard on the radio about the Oyster festival...ROCKS! Sweet town.

radeon--bah! I don't think its a sign that people are taking interest. And even if it is, it's not like this is a particularly momentous election. neither candidate is worthy to be president. In my opinion, the people who want to be president probably aren't doing it for the right reasons, and the people who are actually qualified to do so would never try because of the current political climate.

Regardless of what the sign said (pretend it said "behead Kerry" if you have to), this is pretty disgusting behavior for Americans, what do you think?

I am glad that other people voiced their displeasure back at the man, it shows too that they an excersize their freedom of speech as well. If everyone just accepted everyone eles opinions, there would be preciously boring thing to even have an opinion. Why voice an opinion if you dont want to defend it and try to make others belive it as much s you do? :blink:

If they had stopped to have a debate with him I am sure he would have gladly discussed the whole deal. Yelling "#*&$@" at someone might be considered exercising free speech if you drag your knuckles when you walk.

Yeah, and saying "Behead bush on 11/2" is a much more intelligent statement? You disgust me. <_<

Arcata... well I am way up in Washington but with the weather we have been having California sounds really nice about now.

HAHAHA!!!

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalSt...v=none&pid=none

this is the first week of winter... for the next 6-8 months it's goeing to be like this.. :P

Edited by Duff Man

Behead being a metaphor for vote him out of office.

"You disgust me." SWEET! I don't care! Don't read my posts! Better yet, don't reply if you are going to add little rays of insight like that!

Wow really? A metaphor? I darn yern never hard of dat bfore! Tanks! Imma go gradrurate! <_<

"You disgust me." SWEET! I don't care! Don't read my posts! Better yet, don't reply if you are going to add little rays of insight like that!

You wanna talk about rays of insight? The fact of the matter is that you do disgust me. Freedom of speech right? I infact find it quite distusting that you enjoy insulting and degrading the greatest country on earth on a daily basis. And you tell me not to reply, or read you posts? Ill end this post in saying the fact that you disgust me isnt the really problem i have. The real problem I have is when I think of you, or people like you, I worry for the future of this great nation.

Dont bother replying. You are now (long over due I might add) on my ignore list.

Edited by andrusk

Gee, and it is with that our process of discussion and exchange of ideas comes to a grinding halt. With the "you disgust me" statement. What a sad state of affairs.

Andrusk, I personally have no problem whatsoever with your ideas or with Agentoranges. However, we do have a right to insult and degrade our country. THat is part of our freedoms that we so richly enjoy, often with little appreciation for those that created and maintain them. Blind faith and agreement with the status quo is not something that our founding fathers encouraged. Open debate and creating impetus for change or the ideals that we should be fostering.

Andrusk, I personally have no problem whatsoever with your ideas or with Agentoranges.  However, we do have a right to insult and degrade our country.  THat is part of our freedoms that we so richly enjoy, often with little appreciation for those that created and maintain them.  Blind faith and agreement with the status quo is not something that our founding fathers encouraged.  Open debate and creating impetus for change or the ideals that we should be fostering.

I am well aware of the fact that it is within our rights to insult and degrade this country. But it is also within my rate to say that doing so disgusts me. I never disagreed with the right, I disagreed with the way in which it is being used.

Edited by andrusk