Freedom Of Speech

agentorange

It's all good...... I understand what you were saying now. I should have read more carefully I guess ;) I lived in Venezuela for a long time and I have really come to love the freedom and opportunities we have in the states. Living there was cool but the states has it beat hands down on everything!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you, I really love living in the states but I think at somepoint in life I will live somewhere else for a while just to see what it's like. Judging by immigration statistics and the number of illegal immigrants in my town, I would say America is a better place than much of the rest of the world (not trying to bash other countries. I really liked the UK for all eight hours that I was there, so no one can claim I am bashing anyone else right?).

I think kb is confusing communism with the Stalinist control of information which is more akin to fascism than communism. He is the 1,234,572 person to do so in these forums.

Communism

Fascism

Even if he meant "Fascism" it is VERY irrelevent, and bears no merit whatsoever...Calling this country Fascist, or even turning fascist is completely idiotic.

A little off topic, Ayo, your quote should read "Victicrats are dunces" shouldn't it? Dunce is a noun, not an adjective. Accoding to your "idol", the the word is spelled victicrats. Isn't it pretty ironic to call someone a dunce in a sentence that doesn't make sense and contains a mispelled word?
Thank you for correcting my spelling. I didn't even realize it, and have fixed it. ;) As far as the dunce statement, I knew very well it was a noun. Unfortunately OCC LIMITS you member title, therefor I could not add an "s" to the word. Since you have brought this up to my attention, I have ventured through a thesaurus, and have found the perfect "adjective" you so desire.

And please spare me the English lessons, I feel after passing three College English Courses with "A's" (M01A,B, and C) classifies me as being "slightly" more on the edge than a high school student such as yourself.

Hey, give me a quarter or two and I will have dismounted you from your high horse.

What?? I can't hear you, I think I am too "high up" :rolleyes:

I just don't feel you had to point out its "ironic" that I mispoke about the word "dunce", which would qualify me as "dunce". Like I said, I didn't have enough room <_<

Fascism might be a little extreme but it is infact relevant.

And how is it relevant? How about you point an example as to how this whole thread is about Fascism? They investigated him (man that said "behead" bush) and the secret service DID NOT press any charges against the man.

Liberals need to stop yelling the word out "fascist" when they please, considering they don't even know what it means...

I don't see any relevance to anything even remotely close to fascism in this country.

Besides gun-control ofcourse, which is fascist in itself, and lobbyed by "Liberals" in the United States, their is nothing fascist about this country.

Well, actually the name of this thread is Freedom of speech, fascism or security. Right there, the first thing you even read. The heavy handed manner in which most of the local police force and secrect service came down on this man for voicing an opinion would point to fascism. That's not to say that our country is fascist or even on its way to becoming fascist (deffinitely too apathetic to choose a good president though), but the actions of the local and federal government in this particular situation are quite fascist.

Right there, the first thing you even read. The heavy handed manner in which most of the local police force and secrect service came down on this man for voicing an opinion would point to fascism. That's not to say that our country is fascist or even on its way to becoming fascist (deffinitely too apathetic to choose a good president though), but the actions of the local and federal government in this particular situation are quite fascist.

What action did they perform that was fascist? They investigated him "incase" he was a threat. Why not try to prevent a disaster from occuring, especially when the word "behead" is in the same sentence as "Bush", regardless if it was a metaphor or not. They came down on him (police and secret service) because its better to be safe than sorry. Could you imagine if no one did anything, and he did in fact attempt to assassinate the President, what would happen to the police and secret service who witnessed this?

Shall I quote the 1st amendment for you?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Government, both local and federal, made no law, nor did they prohibit, or abridge the gentlemen's freedom to exercise his speech.

Investigating someone for a crime is NOT abridging anyones rights.

In conclusion, they did not oppress his freedom of speech, therefor pointing to fascism over this is once again asinine, and meaningless....

Edit: Just you wait agentorange, in 4 years I will be completing my Law Degree and passing the BAR exam. It will be very amusing debating about law with people like you. :D

Edited by AYoKoNA

In four years people like me won't want to talk to people like you because they have better things to do with people different from people like you. People.

Four more years of college so you can debate politics with a 16 yr. old? I feel sorry for you. I still think you should go over to Iraq to support the war!

In four years people like me won't want to talk to people like you because they have better things to do with people different from people like you. People.

Four more years of college so you can debate politics with a 16 yr. old? I feel sorry for you.

I wasn't referring to your age. I was referring to people like you in regards to knowledge and intelligence. I know people that are 30, 40, years old that speak like you. "This country is turning fascist".. "Bush is a fascist, along with Ashcroft"

Four more years of college and law school so I can debate stronger with whoever I please, has nothing to do with your age. I am happy to know you will have better things to do. I will be arguing (Mostly in Court).

I still think you should go over to Iraq to support the war!
That's o.k. We have something called a "Volunteer Army", something you should read up on. Just because someone supports our troops and the war, doesn't mean they "should" join the army.

And BTW, you haven't pointed to any FASCISM at all that occured. You don't even know how to interpret the 1st Amendment, or fascism for that matter. I suggest you brush up on the Constitution son!

"The heavy handed manner in which most of the local police force and secrect service came down on this man for voicing an opinion would point to fascism." - me

I think we need less arguing in courts.

How can you support a war you aren't willing to give you life for? You can't. There is no argument to that.

How can you support a war you aren't willing to give you life for? You can't. There is no argument to that.

Because their is no NEED for me too. We have enough troops. That is by far the weakest argument I have EVER heard come out of your mouth. Obviously if we had a draft, you wouldn't see me running from it. If we need more troops, I would GLADLY SACRIFICE my LIFE on the line. <_<

I think we need less arguing in courts.
What do you think the judicial branch does; they debate and argue each point!! :blink::wacko:

Well I hate to say it but it would be a shame for you to waste your life in this war.

I should clarify that I meant in non-criminal court; lawsuits and what not. Just out of curiosity what kind of lawyer do you want to become (it's not a trick, I'm just wondering).