Taz @ The 10k Club

tazwegion

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you seriously need some of those dual pentium Pro rigs :)

hey I am trying to convince a buddy of mine from college that is in charge of T-Rex it is a Dual Pentium Pro Server I keep telling him he needs to put folding on it, but he won't do it because he is afraid it will hurt something.

I doubt they'd even be worth the effort... P Pro = Pentium II - 256k of cache (on average) - MMX - 33 mhz or more

maybe, but it would be better than nothing. The big lab servers are all locked up in a room and only the head techs have keys to get in there. they are dual Xeon servers, but the nicknames for them are the Twin Raptors lol...I would love to be allowed in there to do whatever I want for like 10 minutes haha.

I picked up so much speed after I got this 2500+ system... kinda makes me want another or 2 or 3 ;):lol:

Gotta try and outrun Capslock118 and all his beasties! :P

Well I am glad for you Taz about time you got a little or lot faster machine, congrats and do get 2 or 3 more when you can

:foldon:

you seriously need some of those dual pentium Pro rigs :)

With all due respect, my OC'ed CeleronA-400@500 is way faster than those Pentium Pros' could ever hope to be ;)

Alas... eBay fever got the better of me, and now I'm the proud owner of a babyAT Gigabyte GA-5AA SS7 m/board! :P

My old AT desktop m/board Epox MVP-3C2 died a horrible death, leaving me with SS7 processors, and nothing to OC them on :(