Stupid Mistake

cmac

i did the stupidest thing last night i didn't check my pockets before i washed my clothes. and what do u think i found at the bottom of the machine? my little lexar jump drive. i didn't realy care about the drive it self i was mad about the stuff on it.

so i take it out let it dry for a hour or so and just for laughs try it on comp. and it WORKED i was shocked and whats even better all the info was fine on it. for now on lexar is the jump drive brand for me.

cmac :lol::)

Like andrusk said, its not like there is anything you can really damage that badly on flash memory by just getting it wet. As long as its fine (dry and intact) when you plug it into your computer it should be able to take all kinds of abuse.

:withstupid: its not too hard to figure out that since there was no current running through the memory then there would be no way for it to short circuit unless you plug it in when it is still wet, I found a whole MAC that had gone through a storm and it still worked fine after I dryed it out, the people took the HD, mem, and CDROM out so it wasnt much use to me

when my fathers apartment burned down i told him to let me go through it before the demolition crew went in, after the insurance adjusters took down all the info on his "destroyed" stuff, i went in and took all of his electronics - tv,vcr,sterio,ect ect.

anything that wasnt obviously "MELTEd" i took

got home - took everything apart, made sure nothing was damaged inside (melted-burned) and put all the pieces in the dishwasher and washed on potscrubber cycle to get the burned smell off (heated dry turned off)

let everything sit for 3 days after blowing it out with canned air and everthing works great except the cd players lens got destroyed by soot and one of the tape players heads got magnetized and destroyed from heat and soot

the tv works awesome (lil blue magnitization in bottom right corner - fixable)

vcr works flawlessly

aiwa sterio works (cept 1 tape, cd changer) great amplifier tho

as long as nothing is wet when its plugged in theres no dammage from water unless water seeps into the capasitors