Nvidia, 6800gt

Sainou-Kun

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had the courage to buy one right now... I have the money, heck I could almost order the ultra OC right now. I know the only reason I'm buying it is to score higher benchmarks than my friend. It really isn't needed in games yet. :( Aside from that, I have heard many good things about both eVGA and Gainward. You'll be very happy with whichever one you decide to go with.

I wish I had the courage to buy one right now... I have the money, heck I could almost order the ultra OC right now. I know the only reason I'm buying it is to score higher benchmarks than my friend. It really isn't needed in games yet. :( Aside from that, I have heard many good things about both eVGA and Gainward. You'll be very happy with whichever one you decide to go with.

i think the GTs are a great value. Money isn't an issue for me. I could easily afford to buy an ultra, but i just didn't think the slight increase in performance was justified by the price. Maybe that's just me. :shrug:

I consider Gainward to make the absolute best Nvidia based cards. (that's what my flashed 5950U is) Heh, I also will never buy a PNY card...had too many bad experiences with them. BFG, Albatron, Leadtek, eVga, and MSI tend to make good cards as well. But Gainward always is my first choice.

kinda stupid that you say PNY is bad and MSI is good. pull off the PNY tag on the back of one of thier cards... and you'll find the MSI part number :(

Just a thought. The Gainward has 2 models. The "Golden Sample" will cost more, but it is the one that is guaranteed to outdo the nvidia specs. I beleive that the Gainward is the best card out there right now, but if you don't want to spend that much for the card, definitely go for the BFG.

I got a BFG 6800 GT OC from Bestbuy 2 days ago. It comes pre-overclocked, has a cool dual-LED-fan cooler on it, and comes with a lifetime warranty :)

hey i was just wondering if u softmodded to a ultra it yet?

if u have and it worked that's a killer deal

and beats the x800xt pe

hey i was just wondering if u softmodded to a ultra it yet?

if u have and it worked that's a killer deal

and beats the x800xt pe

you mean OC it to ultra speeds? or is there actually software to softmod it? I haven't OC'd it because it's already bottlenecked in my current system. I'm waiting to get my new system built before I mess around.