Nvidia, 6800gt

Sainou-Kun

Ok as some of know im getting a new gfx card, As it was determaned from a past post of mine to get a 6800Gt. I was allready shown a pretty nice build but I was wondering what everyone else thought. What one is best for my buck? The only one I will not get is a PNY. Its a personal as professional thing. Heh.. Neways.. whats The best one? :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider Gainward to make the absolute best Nvidia based cards. (that's what my flashed 5950U is) Heh, I also will never buy a PNY card...had too many bad experiences with them. BFG, Albatron, Leadtek, eVga, and MSI tend to make good cards as well. But Gainward always is my first choice.

i also got the bfg 6800 gt from bestbuy, i got it with doom 3. sadly that sale is gone tho. its been a great card so far, and its actuly got 6 led's in all, 3 on each fan B) i had the vanilla 6800 bfg before i got the gt, and the gt gave me a huge fps boost in farcry, and got rid of the texture thrashing in doom3 :D so all in all, id go BFG, unless the software bundle is a big deal for u <_<

i also got the bfg 6800 gt from bestbuy, i got it with doom 3. sadly that sale is gone tho. its been a great card so far, and its actuly got 6 led's in all, 3 on each fan B) i had the vanilla 6800 bfg before i got the gt, and the gt gave me a huge fps boost in farcry, and got rid of the texture thrashing in doom3 :D so all in all, id go BFG, unless the software bundle is a big deal for u <_>

i thought the doom3 deal was only with the regular one, not the GT? dang, i didn't get doom 3 with mine :(...and it doesn't come with farcry either which the regular one does (though i'm getting farcry free with something else anyways). I haven't even looked at what demos came with it.

you're talking about the 2 fans on the bfg? No it doesn't take up any extra room. They're small fans (like chipset fans). The heatsink and 2 fans completely cover the board very nicely...and even has a little loop on top, which I at least assume is for handling, as it helped me put it on without having to touch the board itself :). I took a pic of it before i installed it but need to recharge my batteries :(