New To The Villa

Trixie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laf, well gee fellas, you sure do know how to let a lady feel welcome. Those of us of the female persuasion are a rare commodity. First order of business... introductions. With current noob status, this is what I run:

Pentium 4 Processor 550 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800 FSB)

512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz (2x256M)

256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X800 XT

320G RAID 0 (2 x 160GB SATA HDDs)

Modest, but it gets me through the day.

cool, well, that system would own most of ours so just kinda whittle that down into your "signature" part of your "my controls" and you're good to go... like:

P4 3.4 HT

2x256MB DDR2

X800-XT 256MB

2x 160GB (RAID-0)

oh yeah, hi, haha... hope you like it here :)

Pentium 4 Processor 550 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800 FSB)

512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz (2x256M)

256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X800 XT

320G RAID 0 (2 x 160GB SATA HDDs)

Modest, but it gets me through the day.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!! gets me through the day..... pffssshshhhhhffft

i wish i could say that ~_~ lately i would rather have my teeth pulled than mess with my cooling system - atleast getting my teeth pulled i cant feel most of the pain

i guess ive been here long enough to say welcome ^_^

In truth, I haven't taken the time to overclock yet, but I hold promise for this one. The 3dmark03 was 10,542, so I know there is room for improvement. But I am new to the game, so it is slow progression . I just refuse to be the pretty little college girl who calls on her stash of computer boys to address all her computer needs. So I figure this seemed like a good step in enlightening myself. Edify a bit.

In truth, I haven't taken the time to overclock yet, but I hold promise for this one. The 3dmark03 was 10,542, so I know there is room for improvement. But I am new to the game, so it is slow progression . I just refuse to be the pretty little college girl who calls on her stash of computer boys to address all her computer needs. So I figure this seemed like a good step in enlightening myself. Edify a bit.

Hey if you hang out here alot you wont be new to it for very long, trust me. lol And thats awesome that your really interested in learning everything you can. although it kinda puts us out of the job. :rolleyes::D

So welcome to OCC, your find that some of us are crazy and some are well......................... lets say just not as crazy. :lol:

:bah:

I just refuse to be the pretty little college girl who calls on her stash of computer boys to address all her computer needs.

but eventually isnt that what we are going to become ???? o_0 your stash of computer boys??? carefull with a few of them around here - it seems theres bout a dozen or so that get a lil squirly ;)

*added*

is that a rotary phone as ur avatar??

tap tap tap tap tap

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

tap

never mind - i always hated tapping out phone numbers

Curses, foiled again. I see you have seen into my ploy. Nah, I don't think it is possible to ever stop needing computer boys. They were vital to my survival this past year. Without them who would I have LANed with? Always work open here. Some guys find there is something admirable in a girl who wants to know why their machine won't work or how to get better performance. I try to limit the number of situations when I am proven to be a dolt.

*Yes, it is a rotary phone as my avatar. Uber random but I liked it.

**Oh and thanks hardnrg, for the condensed version of my specs.