New To The Villa

Trixie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's the biggest beast of a Dell I've ever witnessed... who cares if it oc's much? :lol: it's kickin most of our asses already!

That was my thought at the beginning of the thread...if Trixie's a noob I might as well just stay home. :P

Hardnrg:

10% warn for calling someone a dumbass...   

Heh, well from what I have gathered, I have one of the most stable chip sets/mobo, so OCing is going to be both difficult and a bad idea. Dell doesn't like you OCing their stuff. Almost a shame considering some of my hardware....

I geared it towards gaming, which is it's main purpose for pci express goodness. So ideally any upgrades or improvements I made would be to suit that fancy.

Edited by Trixie

Barely past introductions and already he wants the goods. You boys move fast.

Well, I am way past "boy" :lol:, but I have to admit that you are starting off in the right direction for when it comes to being current with gaming. The "D" word though, mmeeh.. I guess it will do what you want it to do. That is all that matters to most people these days.

Meh, Dell seemed like my safest bet since this was my first machine and I by no means should have built it by myself. I had been looking into Alienware since it is primarily for gaming, but it would have cost me another 1K+ and I decided I didn't want to put a big "Steal Me" flag on my new computer. So my "modest system" is cloaked by the cover of Dellness. No one will see it coming. Heh.

Thats very true.. I can imagine hooking up some serious harware and sticking it in a dell case. You would get laughed at LAN's to start with, until your machine blew away everyone elses. :lol:

Finally somebody else from Utah (I live in SLC and thought I was in the sticks, but Lehi is on another level) Welcome to the forum. By the way boys this means that Trixie is familiar with that "Totally Awesome Computers dork" I posted a few months back.

Here is the post

Hah, man, Jammin' you just don't even know. I went to this fairly decent sized LAN the other week, rolled up with my Dell and got chuckles from all the boys. I mean singled out as the only girl thinking she could pwn at UT2K4, and with my lil' ol' Dell at my side. Bidges... I clean sweeped da boyz. Now, they don't want me playing with them anymore. <_< I see how computer guys are. A girl can finally compete with machine and game and they grab the torches and pitch forks to riot. Psh... keep trying kids.

And Neo... wow, it's true, it's ALL true!!! The funny little totally awesome man. A man who sold his soul to the discounted computer devil. *shudders* I met him once, it was icky.

meh... my clan [JeeB] got owned by a bunch of girls in UT2k4... yeah it was disappointing... probably more cos we started out in front, and then it just kinda fell apart... [Aura] is their clan... bah, but we didn't start bidgin about it... we were just kinda like aw s***, nice one!

I'm more impressed and more content with the world when a girl (or a whole clan of them, lol) can prove their worth in a match of hardcore gaming...

for all those losers who don't wanna play with ya, there's thousand of us who'd enjoy games regardless... hell, i'm a relative noob in DM (everyone else has years of UT'99 over me - Deck17, GAAAH!) but i still play people who can wicked sick me 1on1...

pride, pah... what happened to fun?

that said, i have spectated a few LMS games thanks to my noobness and lack of mousemat... getting a Thunder8 mousemat (possibly best mat in the world :D) delivered maybe tomorrow which might help me redeem myself... gaah! annoying... i'm really good at ONS but no-one else in the clan likes it...

[/bidgin - soz for copying, stupid censor] lol :lol: