Folding Rigs

the_condor_rules

Guest FxXP

Lowest I had was an NEC PowerMate 200MMX, then up'd to a K6-2 450. Now all I have folding are my Athlon XP's that run at 2.2 GHz.

My lowest at this moment is a P3 600EB. Need a HDD to

get my Gateway P5-60 kicking (yes that is a Pentium 2--60mhz, not 600). Can't wait to fire it up, probably take 2 hours to complete 1 step. :bah:

no such thing as a p2 60mhz. lowest p2 speed is 233mhz. and you said p5 :lol:

My lowest at this moment is a P3 600EB.  Need a HDD to

get my Gateway P5-60 kicking (yes that is a Pentium 2--60mhz, not 600). Can't wait to fire it up, probably take 2 hours to complete 1 step. :bah:

no such thing as a p2 60mhz. lowest p2 speed is 233mhz. and you said p5 :lol:

Sorry, the P5-60 was the model number. I wish it was a real P5 (would probably have some crazy 1500 mhz fsb with quad hyperthreading). So is my 60mhz machine a Pentium 1?

I think Taz might have us all licked here.  Slowest one I have folding now is a 1GHz P3.

lowest i have folding is a p1 133mhz i think i have taz licked.
:blink:

I've got an Intel 486 O/drive DX66@80mhz + 20mg '72+30pin ram combo'... but it wouldn't open up the console without "insufficient memory" errors, which I always thought was linked to the small cache 'on-die'... however I have been recently informed that sometimes even 32 Mg RAM is not enough :blink: so I'll see what falls into my lap from other's geek-shop cleanouts ;)

currently...

AMD K62@450 (subject to retirement)

CeleA@548 Mhz

CeleA@500 Mhz

AMD K62@500

Still 'wish building' that 2500+ system in my head! :P

EDIT: I remember seeing somewhere, that the F@H software would (@ some time) be able to recognise the ability(speed) of your system and allot you an appropriate WU :blink: anyone heard anything r/t this?

I know some have slower, but I had a 380MHz k6-2 folding, but now it's a 550 (533) MHz k6-2 in a laptop and a 233MHz PII in a friend's comp, but that was removed because it drained his resources too much.