Stupid Street Racers

I used to street race back in the early 80s in north houston but we had one place mainly we went to there were a few others but they were all dead end roads no side streets etc. it was fairly safe other than some of the idiots that just did not let up at the 1/4 mile mark and run off out in the woods there were a few people killed but it was there on stupidity, I mean when you cross the 1/4 mile mark at around 125 to 130 mph which was pretty fast back then and got about a 1/4 to stop its time to find the brakes, my car and several friends cars well we called them street cars even though they were drag cars on trailers, but we had and inspection sticker and license plates, that was considered street car in our book even though they were only good for 1/4 and kill it, I had a lot of fun doing it and we even had cops out there racing there cop cars, I made some money doing it also but nothing compared to the mony tied up in the car and engine etc. just some of the young dumb guys that I guess did not have any idea what they were doing were the dangerous ones that were running off out in the woods and hurting themselfs, sorry about your friend, but street racing then and now is completely different, they think they can race any dang where they want and cause accidents like that. Nowadays the track is the best and only place it should be done I think. but hey the cops can not watch everyone all the time or I am sure they would stop as much as they could, I like what Big Red done to the dumb idiot trying to race by him.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the insurance company said the damage was over $17,000, so the car is considered totalled. They don't know how much they're going to give him for it yet, but hopefully it will at least cover his car loan.

I see nothing wrong with a friendly run against somone from one light to the next with both people slowing down before triple digits or whenever your beat. Im sure everyone has done that at one time or another. Its these dern rice cars. They arent fast in a straight line so they decided it would me more fun to race through traffic and around corners. Its the parents faults. If your kid is building a honda civic with some ugly paint, a fart can, and a big ol wing on the back he isint planning on driving very safe is he?

Its these dern rice cars. They arent fast in a straight line so they decided it would me more fun to race through traffic and around corners. Its the parents faults. If your kid is building a honda civic with some ugly paint, a fart can, and a big ol wing on the back he isint planning on driving very safe is he?

I beg to differ....

Come race my "darn rice car"...

I will give you a run for your money.... :ph34r:

As far as street racing goes, I used to do it, Now my Honda Civic is a "track" only car...

However when I was on the street, 647whp was a whole lot of fun.... :D

Yeah,when they make movies and games about it it's bound to influence kids to emulate it.

I'm kinda street racer my self. I play NFSU and that calms me down, prevents me from racing on the street.

I'm actually thinking of selling my mean black 2 seat modified honda and buying my wife a minivan. After all I'll still have NFSU and my logitech momo driving wheel.

durring the summer i go to street races every friday and saturday, we go to dead roads and have ppl block off intersections. ya its dangerous and dumb but its a huge rush

durring the summer i go to street races every friday and saturday, we go to dead roads and have ppl block off intersections. ya its dangerous and dumb but its a huge rush

are you for real???

stupid and dangerous, but as long as you get a huge rush its ok???

thats a pretty strange attitude to be taking when it concerns other peoples lives

I beg to differ....

Come race my "darn rice car"...

I will give you a run for your money.... :ph34r:

As far as street racing goes, I used to do it, Now my Honda Civic is a "track" only car...

However when I was on the street, 647whp was a whole lot of fun.... :D

You may still consider yourself rice, but in my book rice is a big wing, fart can, ugly rims, horrible paint job, and a 150hp motor which they swear puts out 300hp.

You may still consider yourself rice, but in my book rice is a big wing, fart can, ugly rims, horrible paint job, and a 150hp motor which they swear puts out 300hp.

Well then I stand corrected, I hate those kind of Hondas too... :P

We call it "All Show, and No Go" out here...

They got the body kits, bing ugly wing, some nice paintjobs, and they floor the car like they are going 100mph......where in reality the car only outputs about 100-105 to the wheels...

Yeah, everyone in my lovely little high school is all into that fast furious, NFS stuff and it pisses me off. best one I ever saw was a chevy actually. It was an 80's cavaleir with a coffee can muffler and a blue/rust paint job with a, no bull, wood wing on the back. There was a rather large, balding man in it flying around the circle of my neighborhood at 60 mph at 7:15 in the morning.

ghetto-fabulous

For more "fun" cars check out www.molestedcars.com

I went to street races once, havent been since, they did it on a mile long bridge at around 1-3am, no traffic, not side streets. That didnt bother me any, what does is the fly through traffic during rush hour, its stupid and has no place.

One thing i dont understand is why dont they govern kids cars to say 75 or 80mph, wial it wont solve stupid crashes, it will keep them in relative safe speeds, atleased for the interstate.

I went to street races once, havent been since, they did it on a mile long bridge at around 1-3am, no traffic, not side streets. That didnt bother me any, what does is the fly through traffic during rush hour, its stupid and has no place.

One thing i dont understand is why dont they govern kids cars to say 75 or 80mph, wial it wont solve stupid crashes, it will keep them in relative safe speeds, atleased for the interstate.

I am sure they could just like GM put a cut off point on my 98 z-71 at about 95 or 96 mph, when going to my deer lease there is a long stretch of highway 90 out west and its a 2 lane road one lane each way, and of course when the deer hunters in texas are trying to get to there deer lease theres always someone doing 45 miles an hour holding up traffic and when I would try to pass 3 or 4 cars well the truck would cut off, so I bought an after market device that calibrates the speedometer for different tire sizes but also does away with this speed limit so I could get around cars without it quiting, I had it up to 128mph by GPS reading in 3rd gear and it was just getting ready to shift to 4th but it was getting a little scary with a 4 wheeler in the back and all of my hunting gear and was starting to kinda drift around on the road, I let up that was fast enough for me, so what ever they could block or restrict the speed of there cars with they would probably find a way around it just like I did if they really want to race, but a governer would slow a lot of them down because not all would probably find a way around it