Stupid Street Racers

My best friend just bought a 95 Mustang GT, in great condition, about 10 days ago. He traded in his old car, and was able to get a loan for the rest. Anyway, he was driving to his girlfriend's house, when 2 kids street racing turned left in front of him, and slammed in to his car, pretty much destroying it. He has a sore neck and back, and has a huge welt on his left arm.

About 3 months ago, a friend of mine in Seattle went through pretty much the same thing. 2 kids street racing came up an on-ramp, and slammed in to his car, pushing it all the way across to the OPPOSITE guardrail, and completely destroyed his car. The front axle was sheared clean off.

So what the heck is going on here? Why do kids feel the need to drive at insane speeds on the streets? If you want to drive like an idiot, take it to the track.

I realize insurance is in place to cover things like this, but this kind of crap shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Edited by Some_Guy_

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really have a problem with street racers our roads arent straight enough but it sounds like a pretty sh!tty mess they are causing i suppose you could look at it this way every time they crash it's gonna cost them more and more to insure there cars plus the police would have probably got involved and banned them from driving for awhile sorry to hear bout your friends crash tho i guess it's the same as anything in this world the minorites always crap it up for all of us

* didn't mean minorites in a racist way

hmm, well i've been caning UT'04, Max Payne 2 (completed), and had a little blast on PainKiller and Far Cry the other day...

and i ain't running around like a lunatic "poppin a cap" in people's a$$es so i pooh-pooh your games-influence argument...

mind you, pac man really did make me eat pills and run around in the dark to repetitive music...

oh yeah, sorry for yer mates... being sideswiped (aka T-boned) by some fool racing or otherwise driving like a d!ckhead is not a very nice experience...

i reckon there should be more race-tracks and old air-strips open to the public for cheap! all over the world! none of this boy-racer street racing foolishness... no no

See what happens when you drink that blue stuff in the toilet, that not kool aid.

Yea sorry about friend i know how it feels to get t boned try like 60mph. Thats what happens when you watch fast and the furious unsupervised.

it's true there's a difference between driving a car really fast and pickin up a gun and poppin a cap in some ones . as you said it, i really do think films like the fast and the furious which really does glamorize street racing makes people wanna go out an drive real fast hey it made me wanna put a green light underneath my mums car so why not?

it's true there's a difference between driving a car really fast and pickin up a gun and poppin a cap in some ones . as you said it, i really do think films like the fast and the furious which really does glamorize street racing makes people wanna go out an drive real fast hey it made me wanna put a green light underneath my mums car so why not?

Exactly.I don't believe that violent games/movies/music cause people to commit violent acts.World of difference between running your car fast and going postal.

mmm, i guess it's more in your face nowadays what with Fast/Furious and NFS:Underground... people have been street racing since ever tho so I don't think it's really changed much, just check out Lakeside (Essex) on a Saturday... it's ALWAYS been like that... boy racers in their sh!tty nova's turnin up like they mite actually beat someone, haha, it's laughable...

oh yeah, until someone gets hurt, then it all ends in tears.

btw rick, green light neath yer mum's car? noice! :lol:

I've gotten into an accident with a street racer before. but it wasn't pretty for him (little s10 xtreme vs fullsized bronco with a big heavy assed bullbar). I had some chips in the the powder coat, he had a totalled toy. he punched it at a light while I was coming up behind him. spun his toy right infront of me, I took the bed off his "truck", smashed the rear axle, snapped 1 frame rail and bent the other.

as far as the violence/stupid behavior from games/movies. that's not the problem. it's parents NOT teaching thier kids about this little thing called reality

In CA street racing is an everyday thing. I used to be one myself about 3 years ago. Now i drag race legally and safely. I street raced only on blocked off roads with everyone behind and far from the line never on open road with pedestrians. But what really cleaned up the street racers around here was the cops. These people like me would spend thousands on modifications only to see their car towed away and never seen again by a cop catching them doing a burnout at a stop light. I have had 2 friends of friends die from streetracing and there is no need for it. Stay off the street, if you want to race go to a track its just as fun. Anyways at least your buddy is still alive you should tell the local cops to step it up a bit that should scare the crap out of them.

Oh and who knows your friend, after getting used to his car might have pushed his car to the limits on the street as well :D. The reason most kids street race is because their parents buy them the thousand dollar equipment and the have no real value of what the will destroy if the crash especially their live and the lives of others.

Edited by chomorro

I'm still lucky to be here with some of the full throttle jaunts over 130 that have taken place in my life. Used to be that street racing didnt draw a crowd and you had 1 or 2 other people there and that was it. You did your business and got back to cruizin.

that stuff happenbs every night here...

in a parking lot at a mall called "first markham place"

basicaly.. at night its an empty parking lot.. and all the cars look like the ones out of NFSU... hope they will learn.