NVIDIA Special Event September 1st - likely the new RTX cards being announced

Nyt

Link: OCC NVIDIA Reveals Next Generation RTX 30 Series GPUs Coverage

I've personally been very excited for the new RTX gaming cards from NVIDIA based on the Ampere architecture and it seems like an unveiling is right around the corner.

NVIDIA just updated their Twitter profile with a new profile picture and this new banner. 
NVIDIA.png

And a countdown on their website https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/special-event/

They have just announced this too :
"NVIDIA will broadcast a GeForce Special Event, featuring an address by founder and CEO Jensen Huang, on Sept. 1, at 9 a.m. Pacific time.
During the event, Huang will highlight the company’s latest innovations in gaming and graphics.
Tune in at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/special-event/."

Mark your calendars, I think we'll be seeing the new NVIDIA Ampere gaming graphics cards being unveiled on the 1st !

Updated with the latest info from NVIDIA. All this focus on "21" suggests that the new cards may be the RTX 2100 series and not the 3000 series as some rumors suggested. 
We will find out more on the 1st.

Always lot's of rumors before the new GPU series launch, call me crazy but I still enjoy it.

The software locked VRAM for Ampere rummer is a good one. 

Edited by Braegnok

Mhmmmm rumors. That is all it is.To be fair, sometimes rumors from certain sources tend to be in part true. But locking VRAM is far fetched. I can see NVIDIA release a SUPER or Ti model with extra VRAM after the Big Navi.

To be clear, I know nothing more at this point than what is already posted around the web, just like everyone else.

I don't believe most of the tech rumor Youtubers out there. They just stand in a circle and report each others rumours every week. 
One week Big Navi is easily beating NVIDIA, the next week it's only on par with the 3080. 

What I think is the most believable at the moment :
- All NVIDIA gaming cards based on Samsung 8nm. 
- Much better Raytracing performance than the 2000 series.
- Hotter, noisier and more power hungry than the 2000 series.

RTX3090:
GA102, 5248 cores, 12Gb GDDR6 at 18Gbps (possibly 24Gb instead), 384bit

RTX3080 :
GA102, 4352 cores, 10GB GDDR6 at 18Gbps (possibly 20Gb instead), 320bit

RTX3070:
GA103, 3072 cores, 8Gb (possibly 16Gb instead) GDDR6, 256bit

• 2 weeks later...

I was afraid of this size....When I was hearing 20 chokes, dual fan / dual PCB from the leaks, the only thing I could think of was PowerColor Massive Red Devil cards. Namely the VEGA64 - 12.4" (316mm) which is the largest card I have ever used. The only other comparison is the EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 - 11.83" (301mm).

I think NVIDIA is betting on that anyone willing to plop down $1500+ for a video card, has a case equally large. Just eyeballing this beast, it looks to be a E-ATX length, aka 12" (305mm).

Here is the photo of both cards together I just took. The Red Devil is 3 slots even if the bracket is two lol.

vega64.jpg

Fingers crossed the Ultimate Countdown ends tomorrow,.. :popcorn:

Another rumor,.. "Nvidia will possibly announce RTX 30 series Ampere cards on 9th September, and followed by retail launch on 17th"

As normal the Founders Edition cards will be first for pre-order, and we will most likely wait till October for shipping confirmations. 

Edited by Braegnok

On 8/28/2020 at 9:07 PM, RHKCommander959 said:

I really hope NVIDIA didn't mount the new 12-pin vertically from the PCB as rumors put it...

They already showed the power connector placement in an official NVIDIA youtube video. 

12pin-Connector.png