NVIDIA Special Event September 1st - likely the new RTX cards being announced

Nyt

2 hours ago, Braegnok said:

Going to be interesting next few months, looking forward to seeing actual performance reviews,.. 

You'll get it :) Anything in particular you want to see? Might be able to sneek it in.

Benchmarks for sure. I have 13 games lined up already.  If you have a certian game request, depending on time I'll try to get it in.

HDR, well I dont have a monitor or TV for that.

Acer sent me some 4K 144hz predator last year and lets say it didnt work out well. Nothing but troubles.  Windows coming back from sleep mode would be blown out. Could barely see the mouse. Games usually switched back and forth during loading screens for HDR and other random stuff that is more minor. I was not impressed with G-Sync HDR 400. I never figured it out before I had to return it. They sent me two, both with very simliar problems.

I'll retry it in the future at some point, but honestly other then watching movies via VLC player, it was a horrible experience.

Thanks, my game request would be Metro Exodus Two Colonels DLC running Extreme preset.

If the RTX 3080 will do above 59fps average and 38fps minimum that would be impressive. ;)   

I plan on upgrading to EVGA RTX 30 Series Hydro Copper, leaning towards going with single card.

Edited by Braegnok

Any reason you want to see the DLC over the main game and built-in benchmark? I know the DLC has "improved" RTX features. Not sure what is different or if the raytrace is really different.

I already have Ultra, Extreme and RTX presets benchmarked as part of the main game (for previous cards). I do have the DLC, but haven't played it.

I believe the only difference between extreme and ultra is 200% internal rendering. 

Last time I ran the RTX profile in my benchmarking tool the DLSS option was broken in my build, so it wasn't actually applied to any of the tests despite being set to On. It still works in-game, but given Metro's rather irritating quick-save/auto-save only options, this makes it a bit difficult to test accurately. 

Hopefully the tool has been patched since last I ran it,.. as I would like to see ray tracing and DLSS performance,.. the game was fixed with Metro's day 1 patch.

I haven't played the DLC yet also, but was wondering about the internal rendering, improved RTX features, level of tessellation increase with the ultra and extreme settings.

If you already have Ultra, Extreme and RTX presets benchmarked for main game that will be enough information, to confirm performance.  :thx:

Oh yeah DLSS 1.0 is broken. On top of it being locked off per video card, it doesn't always work anyways. Like the 2060 and 2070 super only support 2K DLSS. 2060 only works on 1080 and the 2080 Super is 2k and 4k. NVIDIA has this segregation so whatever reason. You cannot use DLSS at 1080 for any of the super cards.

Battlefield 5 will not use DLSS for ANY of the cards at 4K. It worked last year, not sure what update broke it.

So far Control and Mechwarriors 5 is the only 2 games I have that supprt DLSS 2.0. Its less broken, but when DLSS is enabled for Control the internal render drops to 2K no matter the settings I pick.

This is pre-Ampere of course with the newest drivers. I'll find out soon enough if the trend continues. Basically from the 4 DLSS games Ive played, all have different issues with what resolution will work.

18 hours ago, ir_cow said:

You'll get it :) Anything in particular you want to see? Might be able to sneek it in.

Oooh. Final Fantasy XV with the free 4K texture pack. One of the biggest VRAM hogs I know. Would be interesting to see how it does.

Nvidia Corporation is helping pay for my new RTX 3090 card and full-cover water block, and I should have a few bucks left over to buy some beer. :yes:

A few months back in March 2020, I bought 10 shares of NVDA stock on NASDAQ for $205.75 per share to add to my portfolio,.. just sold it today at $487.51,.. wish I had been watching the price, as it was $573.86 Wed Sept 2nd 2020. 

Edit : Also I found out this morning while ordering the RTX 3090 water block,.. that EKWB's water blocks are specifically built for the reference boards, and it highlights that the Founder's Edition cards don't have reference boards. So be careful which card you buy if you plan on water cooling your card, as the FE cards with flow-through cooler are not reference boards,.. you'll expressly need to buy a reference board card from the AIBs, or wait for water blocks to come out that are specifically built for the FE card. EK-Quantum Vector RTX 3080/3090 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb-nickel-plexi

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1

Yeah this time no "reference" pcb exists. Just reference componets and AIB partners have to make their own PCB. Personally the whole 3000 series looks so nice I wouldn't want to take it apart for a waterblock.

It will be much easier with partner PCBs. As seem in the past, nvidia has a billion screws. 

But this also means every block will be a limited run due to low compatibility. That Asus strix and Msi Gaming waterblocks are like $75 more for the 2080 ti..