FLDC

road-runner

So originally in my config file I had accidentally capitalized one of the letters of my counterpart address. I've updated the address in my config file, and the webmonitor shows the right info. My name under the team stats still shows the incorrect address though.

Do they take a while to update?

They update instantly if your running a WU and change Identity in Configure before finishing WU. 

I started folding on new rig last night after sundown, and ran all night,.. checked folding stats this morning and zero points,.. then realized I missed a letter on my Name. :lol: 

So copy paste or double check Name, Team, and Passkey  when setting up new client.  

Looks like new rig is running fine,.. in auto default settings with fans @ 56% temps @ 80c,.. will do 1.8 million PPD at default settings.  Shutting down now and bumping up clocks,.. will restart this afternoon when it cools down.  :cheers:

It's been way too hot here to run everything... though I have been thinking about replacing my 1060's folding in the back room with 1080ti's

on that note, is there any particular brand or card I should look for or all all the 1080ti's pretty much the same

They are all kinda the same, however the blower ones like FE takes the fans running at full speed to keep it at 73c~, custom brands that use 2 or 3 fans and dump the heat into the case get about to 64c. They all almost overclock / boost to the same 1980-2050mhz. Not enough to justify spending and extra $100 for the possibility to hit 2050. For VRMs even the reference style is slightly over engineered. this Buildzoid guy has a Youtube channel to breaks down the VRM loads. so like the Asus Strix only uses 30% of the potential power draw the VRMs can handle since the voltage and target power limited is locked down. So at the end of the day I would go with whoever you like for RMA because if your card does die, you want it to be painless to send it back.

This is of course my opinion for folding. Watercooling and Gaming have other factors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ

@braegnok

Hmm, should I start from scratch then?

I noticed and corrected it yesterday, but it is still showing up wrong in the team stats and still adding points to the wrong address lol.

Also if I search my name on stanfords website (using correct address) it brings up the wrong address. (The J should be j)

http://folding.stanford.edu/stats/donor/1885685

I took the 1080s off folding and put them on groestl till I get it working right, right now just folding on the cpu.., maybe it will update when I finish the next wu?

Edited by scr4wl

The EVGA SC2 uses a custom PCB which is different than the FTW3 PCB. The SC and gaming model use the reference PCB. I easy way to check is to look them up on EK configuration. So if you fancy a custom PCB than you can make sure you are getting one https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

For comparison the Asus Strix is sitting at 60c 50% fans and the FE is 74c @ 88% fans. But one is dumping hot air into the case while the other sends it right out.

I stopped WC GPU's a while back, too much expense for gain... and they generally only work on one type of card.. If I upgrade the gfx card.. means buying a new block.. unlike CPU's..

Edited by Hyper

So Ive been trying to find out if PICE 2.0 4X would drop the performance with conflicting threads the last few days. I put one of the 1080 Ti on a PICE 2.0 4X and half way through (about an hour in) its still projecting close to 1mil . The answer is 4X does not cause a massive drop in PPD.

The answer is 4X does not cause a massive drop in PPD.

That makes sense, it just doesn't need the bandwidth. A lot of people mining even (including myself) run the cards at x1!

And I have two more 1080ti in route will be here Saturday supposedly...    :whistling:dD

Danm you! How will I ever pass your 1 billion points and be number 1...

Lol guess you need to order two more ... Cant wait till winter to crank everything up should be over 8 mil per day

Just waiting for the next price rebound to make a move. At best right now I can get 2 TitanX, 2x 1070, 2x 1080 and 2 1080Ti going at the same time. Will see where the cards I have going this month finish up!