Hmmm Big Or Tiny?

cirro

Which would you prefer?

Larger screen (say 40" +) @ 1920x1080

or

Smaller Screen (size<30") @ 2500x1600

opinions?

30 inch 2560x1600    Been using this size and resolution for the past 5 years. 

32 inch  3840x2160   I am tempted to use this resolution with the 4K monitor I have as my daily driver. 

Using a large TX for a monitor has its advantages but Im not sure I could get used to it that close to my face. 

Depends on what I'm doing.

Gaming only? Bigger monitor every time.

Mixed use or non-gaming? Higher DPI.

I used to use a 42" 1080p screen for gaming, it rocked. I run a 27" high-DPI screen now for day to day use + gaming and a 30" high-DPI screen for work.

I mainly use this PC for gaming and watching movies, maybe I have the right choice.

Never used higher resolutions than 1080p, got used to using HDMI -> TV and liked it.

Always wondered what super high res gaming would be like since I am very happy with how the 1080p works out

@ cccokeman - My 46" sits  16" from my glasses, I love my entire visual range to be inside the screen. I think that's why I always hated the idea of splitting a desktop into 2 or more screens, the black bars from the bezel of the monitors would of drove me nuts

Edited by cirro

I mainly use this PC for gaming and watching movies, maybe I have the right choice.

Never used higher resolutions than 1080p, got used to using HDMI -> TV and liked it.

Always wondered what super high res gaming would be like since I am very happy with how the 1080p works out

@ cccokeman - My 46" sits  16" from my glasses, I love my entire visual range to be inside the screen. I think that's why I always hated the idea of splitting a desktop into 2 or more screens, the black bars from the bezel of the monitors would of drove me nuts

The downside to having high resolution is the need to upgrade video cards more often to satisfy the hunger of the new monitor in new and more intense gaming. That's what's kept me from upgrading for so long, though I might finally cave and upgrade.

Last small monitor I had was a 24 inch Full HD. Used a 32 inch FHD TV and now have a 42 inch FHD TV - I would pick a large TV over a monitor of similar resolution.

But if Seiki's 39 inch 4K TV was available at a decent price in South Africa (not 3 times as expensive as in the US), then I would have the best of both worlds :)

Depends on each person. But I prefer play at old school sizes.. if playing a CONSOLE yes BIG TV big resolution

But with computer I feel uncomfortable playing from far of monitor so I play at 1600x900 20" monitor. Anyway I would like 23". 32 is like too much specially because I use computer for other things and I don't like to be staring at a 32" for Internet browsing or .. I don't know.. file reading..

I run both types

I have 39" 4K TV for watching TV/Movies while I game on my 24" monitor/ I prefer the slightly smaller screen, even though it's slightly less resolution, because it becomes annoying to look so far to see the edges of the screen. (Maybe cause I am just sitting to close, but take that into account as well)

Edited by Black64