Datsun Z Thread

Onion

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, it's that car! Yeah, I've already read all of that, the guy did an amazing job. It made me wonder how awesome a 4v 4.6 would be in a Z, lol.

Oh, it's that car! Yeah, I've already read all of that, the guy did an amazing job. It made me wonder how awesome a 4v 4.6 would be in a Z, lol.

I suspect that it would be Much too wide to fit. Besides, an RB series motor would look beautiful in there.

I suspect that it would be Much too wide to fit. Besides, an RB series motor would look beautiful in there.

I'm not too sure on the dimensions, but if an SBC or LS1 can fit, I'm sure a Ford modular could fit, but it might be a bit snug. And yeah, RB is my first choice for the time being. And of course, it'll be an RB30DET, because if I'm going to build something and do a swap, I might as well go all out. (Still considering an RB26DETT, though.)

Edited by Onion

Ford OHC V-8's are much larger and heavier than SBC's. They don't fit into early Mustangs without major modification to the shock towers, and I bet your Z is narrower than a 'Stang. Any Nissan I6 would be perfect, RB25, 26, w/e. They are very potent, and reasonably available.

Edited by ciddono

Broken link. :( That looks really nice, but if I do a swap, I'm going for fuel injection. Also, inb4 IVI goes "BUT ITS CARBURETED!"

Well don't need to now lol (smartest choice you've made since buying it :P)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Took out the plugs today. They're black from running so rich (still need to tune that carb), but they're properly gapped and had no oil or other junk on them, so the car's running well. :) They were such a pain to get out, though. Breaker bar AND big mallet whacks still wouldn't get some of them out... I sure am glad this car isn't a V12. :lol: 

Edited by Onion

• 1 month later...

Headlights quit working last week. They went from always working to occasionally working to not working at all, which was very odd. I took apart the headlight/wiper combo switch, and found this. Easy fix. Working again. :D

Solder came undone.

3QQTv.jpg

Did a crappy job at soldering it with my $12 Harbor Freight solder gun. (Props to that tool, though. Heats to 1200 degrees in under 15 seconds.)

3QQUo.jpg

Fixed! :D

3QQW3.jpg