Datsun Z Thread

Onion

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 100k mile van doesn't even leave a drop of oil after idling it for a while. I can't argue about the Z, it only has 20k, lol.

My 220k truck doesn't leak a drop :P so i don't know what y'all are bragging about.

Love this car btw.

This is with absolutely no traffic. There's never no traffic here. 

378p7.png

I'm not gonna drive over an hour just to get some cheap oil. If I want cheap oil, I'll just buy it on Amazon. It comes out to like 5 bucks a quart if I get it from Walmart, Mobil 1 comes out to about the same on Amazon IIRC. 

And if you want expensive oil not really designed for driving on the street...you buy Royal Purple. :lol:

Also, if you haven't started watching them already, go watch Mighty Car Mods. Awesomeness. :D

I can't really just run any oil in the Z, it needs high zinc otherwise the valvetrain just annihilates itself. As for street driving, my street driving is more spirited. :P

I love Mighty Car Mods. :D

What a fine automobile you've made Nissan

This is with absolutely no traffic. There's never no traffic here. 

378p7.png

I'm not gonna drive over an hour just to get some cheap oil. If I want cheap oil, I'll just buy it on Amazon. It comes out to like 5 bucks a quart if I get it from Walmart, Mobil 1 comes out to about the same on Amazon IIRC. 

And if you want expensive oil not really designed for driving on the street...you buy Royal Purple. :lol:

Also, if you haven't started watching them already, go watch Mighty Car Mods. Awesomeness. :D

I can't really just run any oil in the Z, it needs high zinc otherwise the valvetrain just annihilates itself. As for street driving, my street driving is more spirited. :P

I love Mighty Car Mods. :D

What a fine automobile you've made Nissan

Any head with tappet valve will have this issue, which is basically all classics. Back then, oil was high in zinc, so it wasn't something people dealt with. 

My 100k mile van doesn't even leave a drop of oil after idling it for a while. I can't argue about the Z, it only has 20k, lol.

My 220k truck doesn't leak a drop :P so i don't know what y'all are bragging about.

Love this car btw.

Dem new gaskets?

Because one meme wasn't enough. Because two memes weren't enough. Because three memes weren't enough...

1315625368311.png

hurr-240x180.jpg

derp-cat-meme-240x180.jpg

37Wa4.jpg

Speaking of carbs, though, I really need to tune mine, I'm really down on POWAAAAAAH. And retard my timing a little, its pretty much all the way advanced. My brother and I went to a tint shop for his car, and I led the way. When we got there, he calmly stated "By the way, your car randomly makes a really loud pop sound and I can see your exhaust light up a little. Is that normal?" Who knows how terrified anyone behind me must have been these past couple days when my car actually backfires hard, lol. 

Trying to decide what to put in this car when the engine goes. L28 turbo stroker? RB30? SBC? LSX? Maybe a rare 4.6 modular? Or a Nissan 3.7? No idea... But a swap is imminent... Keep an eye peeled. :D

Trying to decide what to put in this car when the engine goes. L28 turbo stroker? RB30? SBC? LSX? Maybe a rare 4.6 modular? Or a Nissan 3.7? No idea... But a swap is imminent... Keep an eye peeled. :D

Is the engine about to die or something?

I'd swap out if only to remove the carburetor lol

The 3.7L's been done successful?? That'd be badass lol, probably the most expensive though so maybe not the best choice.