Official Forum Bug Reports Part 2

Bosco

Please Read this.

List your bugs in this thread.

One Post only please.

No Comments, I repeat no Comments in this thread just bugs only.

Comments can be posted in this thread http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=194659

As issues are fixed they will be removed from your post. Its way to hard to figure out bugs with all the comments in between.

When reporting a bug, Include a screenshot if need be, tell us the Browser and Version you are using, and just let us know if there is any other details we need to know to help us.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, here are the bugs I have encountered so far;

Bugs (Windows 7 x64, Google Chrome):

• Clicking on 'New Content' from 'My Profile' returns new members instead of new content, even if new members was not the last page visited (Also occurs on mobile browser)
  • Clicking on 'Show me' in the 'New post in this thread' appears to load on page via green loading bar, but no new post shown

Bugs (Windows 7 x86, Google Chrome)

• Cannot edit posts, all buttons in text editor do not work

Bugs - added 21/12/12 (Windows 7 x86 & x64, Google Chrome)

• Cannot edit signature, message says I cannot create a signature of more than 10 lines, when the signature is 9 lines long

Thanks

- Euro

Edited by EuroFight

Buggy:

• Notification Screen
    • Sometimes it shows people's avatars, sometimes shows a broken image icon (even with the same person)
    • Perform an action like 'Delete Message' and it takes me to a completely different screen afterwards that happens to show messages deleted years ago.  Looks like at first I'm on the 'My Notifications' screen and then get taken to 'My Conversations'.
  • No tool tip for most buttons

post-32259-0-22868300-1355527037_thumb.png post-32259-0-42482100-1355527039_thumb.png

Flat Out Doesn't Work:

• Most buttons in the normal Editor do not work, only ones that do include:  Font, Font Size, Font Color, Undo, Redo, Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike, Subscript, Superscript, List, Number List, angle bracket quote, normal quote, left & right indent, left align, center align and right align.  Oh and of course the 'Post' button and 'More Reply Options' button.  Everything else though is non-functional.  I am guessing it is anything that launches a pop-up dialog box, though even the Copy and Paste buttons don't work so I guess its not purely dependent on the pop up boxes.
  • Not able to Edit a message.  I get to the Edit screen but 'Save Changes' does not work.
  • The drop down arrow under my name on the top of the screen does not work (nothing happens)
  • Nor does the drop down arrow labeled 'View New Content'

Will try attaching some pictures as it might help.  If I did this right then the two above are for the notification screen since it is a bit hard to describe.  One is for what happens when I click on the Emoticon button (blank panel) under message.  Then one shows how the screen gets a white wash when I click on something like the 'Link' button.  Nothing on the webpage works at that point.  Have to reload the forums to get it to work again.  This happens for many of the buttons on the Editor that do not work for me.

post-32259-0-83423100-1355527033_thumb.png post-32259-0-53933900-1355527035_thumb.png

IE 8 / Win7

In "My Profile" clicking on the "About Me" tab brings up the error "Error: Could not load template 'tabAboutMe' from group 'profile'"

Also cannot find any way of editing the About Me page (likely due to my inability to view it off the main Profile page)

Win 7 64 Pro, Chrome

Been forgetting to mention this one. The tab icon is for the forum software and not Overclockersclub.

Tab icons.JPG

Emailed posts are lacking essentially any formatting so everything is just a wall of text and not broken into paragraphs. Quotes are also not separated out.

If I see more, I'll post more.

Clicking on my username (top right of the screen) neither drops any menu (like Fogel have said) nor bring me to the 'My Profile' page when clicked..

Oddly, the link appears when I hover my mouse (both Chrome & WF), and I'm able to middle-click to open it on a new tab on WF but not on Chrome..

Waterfox & Chrome /Win7

Edited by vandreadstriker

Still no usernames in quotes on mobile forums.

This lack of usernames is making many posts confusing or even useless when viewed from the mobile site.

Also New Content on the mobile forums still displays Array as being the last poster, will post a screen later.

• 3 weeks later...

Bugs:

1. Typing up in the quick editor at the bottom of a topic and then posting makes the post have no formatting. It ignores tabs, enters, etc. They show in the editor, but not in the post once I submit it.

Chrome

Windows 8 x64

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there :)

I was just checking the website as I usually do but I found some weird names+phonenumbers+randomchars at "Latest Forum Topics" which I didn't dare to click on them.

Here is a screenshot.

Greetings.

post-67524-0-68933500-1438758830_thumb.jpg