Official Forum bug reports

Renigade

For youtube videos, as far as I am aware, the media tag is no longer required.

Really, so you just paste the YouTube link in the msg box and it knows to display an embedded YouTube video?  If so, that is really cool!

Thanks for the confirmation on IMG and interesting that 32-bit vs 64-bit makes a difference. 

I'm struggling with using the "LINK" button as well...don't know if this has been reported.

I click to add a link but the pop up isn't there...just grays out everything and I lose whatever response I've typed -- as I can only fix it with a refresh :P

(CHROME)

In Chrome now and I'm not having any problem posting this link: Neoseeker.

Running any extensions?

I'm struggling with using the "LINK" button as well...don't know if this has been reported.

I click to add a link but the pop up isn't there...just grays out everything and I lose whatever response I've typed -- as I can only fix it with a refresh :P

(CHROME)

In Chrome now and I'm not having any problem posting this link: Neoseeker.

Running any extensions?

Turned off all extensions -- doesn't make a difference. Does it on all my computers... :P

Turned off all extensions -- doesn't make a difference. Does it on all my computers... :P

Oddly enough I was having that issue on Reddit earlier. :lol:

Oh now the emoticon works and I can't edit my post to keep from looking like a Doomas.

:P is now :tongue:

:tongue:

Look through Chrome's settings. I know it will sync your settings to your GMail account, so it is possible that one setting may be off and that is messing it all up. I've just tried disabling a bunch of stuff and the only one that seemed to do anything was having Flash disabled, as that then disabled editing (only Cancel worked, which sounds familiar) and removed the rich text interface for general posting.

Really, so you just paste the YouTube link in the msg box and it knows to display an embedded YouTube video? If so, that is really cool!

Thanks for the confirmation on IMG and interesting that 32-bit vs 64-bit makes a difference.

For me, posting the raw youtube link worked, yes. I recommend using the youtube.com watch page link not youtu.be sharing link :)

As far as editing is concerned, I was trying more to say it appears to be client rather than server based, I don't think it would have necessarily been to do with whether the system is x86 or x64 but perhaps more to do with web browser configuration. Perhaps if someone experiencing the issue with Chrome could select everything from the clear browsing history dialog (cookies, cache, activex etc.) and select clear history from: the beginning of time then that may resolve their issue.

Edited by EuroFight

So nobody can currently edit their posts is that correct?

I'm having the same issue along with spell check not working.

:sigh: As has been stated 3+ times, right-click in the reply box, go to Languages, and select "English"

Thyis is all I get when right clikcing on the reply. I've tried it a lot with the same results each time.

post-6219-0-93782800-1355474885_thumb.png

Thyis is all I get when right clikcing on the reply. I've tried it a lot with the same results each time.

He doesn't mean on the Reply button, but the text input box where you're typing something.

For me, posting the raw youtube link worked, yes. I recommend using the youtube.com watch page link not youtu.be sharing link :)

As far as editing is concerned, I was trying more to say it appears to be client rather than server based, I don't think it would have necessarily been to do with whether the system is x86 or x64 but perhaps more to do with web browser configuration. Perhaps if someone experiencing the issue with Chrome could select everything from the clear browsing history dialog (cookies, cache, activex etc.) and select clear history from: the beginning of time then that may resolve their issue.

Nice, it did work!  Thanks for the tip. :)

I wonder if this forum is using Flash or Java for some of the functionality as that is usually turned off here at work.  Usually PHP forums don't give me this much grief. 

He doesn't mean on the Reply button, but the text input box where you're typing something.

:withstupid:

Nice, it did work!  Thanks for the tip. :)

I wonder if this forum is using Flash or Java for some of the functionality as that is usually turned off here at work.  Usually PHP forums don't give me this much grief. 

Upon analyzing the source, I would say Java, which is probably why people are experiencing different things even amongst the same browsers.

Upon analyzing the source, I would say Java, which is probably why people are experiencing different things even amongst the same browsers.

:lol: Makes so much sense now.  The "most portable language" with the biggest variety in client side responses.

@Fogel, that's great - in that case the issue could be related to a script that was cached by your system that may have been updated/referenced after the update, but the cached script wasn't updated.

When you clear cache etc. it should refresh the script from the site and you should be set. Perhaps an admin could let others know of this possible fix?  :dunno:

Glad it resolved your issue anyway :)

I meant the You Tube thing worked.   I still can't edit a post as none of the buttons work on that screen for me.  I did try clearing cache but that didn't work either.  If its Java running in the background and this many people can't either than it is probably going to require some settings turned on and some off or in certain configurations.  And for those of us who have no control over the settings (work/school) that is not an option.  So either the code needs to be revised or some of us will be without some functionality.

BP:  Thanks for sharing/changing the tongue smiley :P