Official Forum bug reports

Renigade

How can some people edit their post but others can't? EuroFight and bilcliff have recently in this thread, yet some others can't. Java issue maybe?

Or may be browser issue.

Possibly, but I use Chrome and have been able to edit since the forum update. Some others with Chrome can't so,  :dunno:

Or may be due to the presence of some plugin like adblock/plus, or may be due to outdated java? :dunno:

I just updated java and turned off all my addons. Now to test.

TEST Failed(unless i change this sucessfully)

Oh one thing I have been meaning to say, would there be the possibility of reducing the maximum number of quotes-in-quotes, so there aren't too many boxes that take up space and aren't necessarily relevant. I believe before the update we simply had the quote of the post we were quoting, not any quotes within that?

Oh one thing I have been meaning to say, would there be the possibility of reducing the maximum number of quotes-in-quotes, so there aren't too many boxes that take up space and aren't necessarily relevant. I believe before the update we simply had the quote of the post we were quoting, not any quotes within that?

I disagree, I like it how it is now.

I manually add in every quote pertaining to the conversation when I quote things, I think its easier to follow when everything relevant to your quote is included.

I disagree, I like it how it is now.

I manually add in every quote pertaining to the conversation when I quote things, I think its easier to follow when everything relevant to your quote is included.

I think perhaps show the post quoted and any quotes in that, but otherwise it often turns into the entire thread in quotes that you have to scroll through to get to the actual user's post? :dunno:

I think perhaps show the post quoted and any quotes in that, but otherwise it often turns into the entire thread in quotes that you have to scroll through to get to the actual user's post? :dunno:

You can always delete the nested quotes, like I did. Personally, I say leave it as it is because it is largely a positive change. Now those, like myself and Andrew, who had to copy and past to nest quotes don't have to, and deleting the nested quotes is less a hassle than that process.

Now, if there were a per-post or per-user option to automatically nest quotes, then we've got something.

Some of these bugs could simply be an issue with the lame firewall here, but the bugs I am seeing are this:

• Notifications screen is really buggy.   Sometimes it shows avatars and sometimes it doesn't (even on the same user).  I do an action on the screen it takes me to when I clicked on "46" such as delete a conversation and it takes me to a completely different screen where I see messages that I deleted years ago.
  • Not able to see the emoticons or add them.  I see a blank white panel drop down on the bottom of the message panel but that's it.
  • Not able to use the Editor Options button.
  • What does "Undefined" mean on the bottom of the message panel?  There is also an UP arrow with a tool tip that states "Undefined" on the top right as well.
  • No tool tip for most of the buttons.  Kinda curious what the top left shiny button does, but pushing shiny buttons is usually not a good thing.  It's not big and red though so it MIGHT be ok to push it...

• No tool tip for most of the buttons.  Kinda curious what the top left shiny button does, but pushing shiny buttons is usually not a good thing.  It's not big and red though so it MIGHT be ok to push it...

That one is the source view.