Election day gamble!

Onion

Who do you think will win the election?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the election?

• Romney
    • Obama
    • Other

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama at 234 Electoral Votes... because the popular vote is for suckas

Yup. Electoral College needs to be abolished. The 2nd time in 12 years that the popular vote didn't win the election. And this proves that there is such a thing as a wasted vote.

Yup. Electoral College needs to be abolished. The 2nd time in 12 years that the popular vote didn't win the election. And this proves that there is such a thing as a wasted vote.

Now that's one thing we can agree on :thumbsup:

A friend recently posted this on FB and it's a good read if a little long

I don

Cap, I certainly hope that your parable concerning the girl earning $50, that was then taxed by the government for a final take of $32.50, and the employer getting $150 in tax breaks was just an attempt at humor. As an employer of 120 to 180 employees depending on the season, I can tell you that I don't get $150 in tax breaks for every $50 our company pays in wages.

I get so tired of people beating up on business. Face it, for the majority of us (except the unemployed, self-employed, retired or living off government handouts) businesses of all sizes generate the revenue used to pay our wages. Sure there are greedy and corrupt companies, but that doesn't mean every company is greedy or corrupt. It all comes down to the corporate stewardship and business ethics of those running the company.

Run companies out of business and they can't pay wages, if people can't earn a wage, they can't buy anything. If people don't have any money how can they pay taxes? If companies are no longer in business - how can they pay taxes?

Cap, I certainly hope that your parable concerning the girl earning $50, that was then taxed by the government for a final take of $32.50, and the employer getting $150 in tax breaks was just an attempt at humor. As an employer of 120 to 180 employees depending on the season, I can tell you that I don't get $150 in tax breaks for every $50 our company pays in wages.

I get so tired of people beating up on business. Face it, for the majority of us (except the unemployed, self-employed, retired or living off government handouts) businesses of all sizes generate the revenue used to pay our wages. Sure there are greedy and corrupt companies, but that doesn't mean every company is greedy or corrupt. It all comes down to the corporate stewardship and business ethics of those running the company.

Run companies out of business and they can't pay wages, if people can't earn a wage, they can't buy anything. If people don't have any money how can they pay taxes? If companies are no longer in business - how can they pay taxes?

When am I ever not being humorous? :P

However, certain corporations, and I'm sure most people can name a few, pay less than 4% in taxes, or none at all. If only I can incorporate myself (need at least 2 people, and not your spouse, unfortunately), and not get taxed... but I think I need billions of dollars and probably spend half of what I would owe in taxes for corporate lawyers and accountants. :P