Election day gamble!

Onion

Who do you think will win the election?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the election?

• Romney
    • Obama
    • Other

CK, not sure that you've noticed, but our country is already in ruin. And frankly I don't care whether it was Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Reagan. All I know for sure is that we have to try something different than what we've done the last four years. I'm an Independent (albeit Republican leaning) citizen and I'll confess - I voted for Obama and "hope and change" back in 2008. He seemed like he would be a good leader and sounded like he had fresh ideas. And, being a white, arkansas, redneck I was proud that our country finally had the balls to elect a black man to the presidency. I would have been equally proud if we would have voted a qualified woman into the White House too. Obama was my second choice though, because I always felt that Colin Powell would have made a good candidate.

But back to my point, Obama is not the person to lead us back to prosperity, back to a nation of individual self reliance, back to a nation of pride and security, back to a nation where the majority of people are employed and supporting themselves and their families earning an honest living, back to a nation where the welfare state, food stamps and unemployment seem to be the only growth industries in sight.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to have the Republicans get what they want. A ruined country makes it easier to get rich through corruption. As long as I end up in the top 10%, my future will be bright.

I'm in the clear. I'm majoring in international business law. :lol:

Here's what I don't like about the Republicans in office. They filibustered everything Obama wanted to do. The only way he got things passed was to negotiate with the Republicans so they got more than what he wanted passed, otherwise the country would have sunk lower down the hole. They're also NOT for trying something new. They want to go back to the trickle-down economic theory initiated by Reagan, then followed by George Bush, and George W. Bush. I would vote for some Libertarians on the ballot, but too many Republicans are too political, and refuse to move the country towards a different path.

The reason I hate Democrats though, is they're bought out from the same special interest groups and they don't take a stand on how to run things by sticking to a plan. Republicans won't agree, so they negotiate to get what they want later. Later on, instead of getting what they want later, Republicans do the same thing, and the Democrats fall for the same old trick.

Here's what I don't like about the Republicans in office. They filibustered everything Obama wanted to do. The only way he got things passed was to negotiate with the Republicans so they got more than what he wanted passed, otherwise the country would have sunk lower down the hole. They're also NOT for trying something new. They want to go back to the trickle-down economic theory initiated by Reagan, then followed by George Bush, and George W. Bush. I would vote for some Libertarians on the ballot, but too many Republicans are too political, and refuse to move the country towards a different path.

The reason I hate Democrats though, is they're bought out from the same special interest groups and they don't take a stand on how to run things by sticking to a plan. Republicans won't agree, so they negotiate to get what they want later. Later on, instead of getting what they want later, Republicans do the same thing, and the Democrats fall for the same old trick.

Republican or Democrat makes no difference. People are corrupt power hungry pieces of ****. Until an honest, Constitution supporting, non-special interest group controlled person is voted in the country is going to continue to spiral down the crapper. But most people are too ****ing stupid to see passed our two party Republican/Democrat system and are a bunch of clueless lemmings. God bless the USA!

Republican or Democrat makes no difference. People are corrupt power hungry pieces of ****. Until an honest, Constitution supporting, non-special interest group controlled person is voted in the country is going to continue to spiral down the crapper. But most people are too ****ing stupid to see passed our two party Republican/Democrat system and are a bunch of clueless lemmings. God bless the USA!

:withstupid::cheers: