Election day gamble!

Onion

Who do you think will win the election?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the election?

• Romney
    • Obama
    • Other

I didn't call it a shitstorm, but it could easily turn into one had I decided to give my opinion.

What? You mean like if people can't afford to feed their kids then maybe they shouldn't have them? Maybe put a wrapper on the candy bar?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who haven't heard it...

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.

Except you're missing the scenario where the government taxes her $50, so she really only earns $32.50, and you end up getting $150 from tax deductions for being an employer. :P

Edited by El_Capitan

We just need another Civil War where the right-wingers that are Pro Life gun down the peace-toting liberals and the blue collars are hired gunmen from the wealthy and end up turning on them, steal their money, and then hire the Pro Lifers to guard them, in turn, the US population increases due to an absurd amount of single moms with babies that are uncannily accurate with firearms and then we take over Canada and Mexico. Sorry Bosco. :P

Edited by El_Capitan

Correlation does not imply causation.

If only they applied that to all of the negative Obama statistics :teehee:

If I could vote, you better believe it'd be for Gary Johnson. If I had to choose between Obama and Romney... it'd most likely be Obama

It looks like he will pull this out but I expect a court case in multiple states before it's settled.

This I can agree with.

TRIPLE POST

Edited by CowKing